SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SWSiouxMN

2018 World Cup

5 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

Russia over Spain on penalties. Monumental upset.  

Death by 1000 passes.

Uruguay’s and Russia’s group were universally condemned as the weakest, but they both advance over what some said were the strongest group, with Spain and Portugal.  Uruguay is a strong squad but not flashy.  They will be hard to eliminate.

Croatia was a little lucky to survive and they should be big favorites over Russia.

3 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Uruquay’s and Russia’s group were universally condemned as the weakest, but they both advance over what some said were the strongest group, with Spain and Portugal.  Uruquay is a strong squad but not flashy.  They will be hard to eliminate.

Croatia was a little lucky to survive and they should be big favorites over Russia.

Uruguay has two true strikers, something most countries don’t. The rest of the team plays stout defense. It's a recipie of success.

48 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The curse lives.

So the USMNT grab Mexico's coach to lead the program?

I sure hope not

If there was such a thing as a simulation red I'd have handed one to that idiot Neymar today.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shawn-O said:

If there was such a thing as a simulation red I'd have handed one to that idiot Neymar today.  

Yea. You’ve got to think that karma is building against him for an actual injury.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shawn-O said:

It's super annoying to watch because it doesn't have to be apart of his game. The dude is unbelievably talented.

6 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Belgium/Brazil should be a great QF matchup. 

I hope Belgium smokes them but that's wishful thinking I know.  Send the goldfish Neymar home.   

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

Then it lead to a goal.

14 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So the million dollar question for tomorrow

Is England gonna England against Columbia?

Until they prove otherwise I will assume England will have a colossal gaffe at a very inconvenient moment.

35 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Until they prove otherwise I will assume England will have a colossal gaffe at a very inconvenient moment.

Example: A Harry Kane red card.

It is tradition after all.

23 hours ago, Shawn-O said:

22 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Yea. You’ve got to think that karma is building against him for an actual injury.

21 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

It's super annoying to watch because it doesn't have to be apart of his game. The dude is unbelievably talented.

DhHE2a0UEAAVhV4.jpg

• Upvote 1

I didn't know and can't believe World Cup soccer decides matches with penalty kicks.  For a sport that can't tell time to begin with, why is it a concern how long the match takes?

• Upvote 1

The Colombian defender who pulled Kane down causing a penalty already had death threats coming into this game for doing the same in a previous match. He is screwed. If I were him I would move to Siberia.

1 minute ago, SWSiouxMN said:

England ALMOST England

They actually won on penalties.

The tension of that shootout was unreal

• Upvote 1

So disappointed I don't get to experience the twitter meltdown that would have ensued had England lost that 

Tough game to watch. 

Columbia was nothing but thug play until (finally) the American ref pulled numerous yellow cards in a row- some on 

England too. He lost control of the game for 1/3 of it. But England did not play offense either....

No one to root for here- kind of hoped both teams would lose. And England goes thru with less penalty misses.

Doubt either team gets another win so winner doesn't matter.