Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SWSiouxMN

2018 World Cup

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Blackheart said:

It's soccer...all you have to do is score an early goal and hang on. :)

#parkthebus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Belgium is taking it to Panama.  

Teams from Europe have yet to take a defeat so far in the World Cup. 

I could have sworn I saw a bunch of disappointed Germans last night as I left a public brewery viewing here in Nürnberg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southpaw said:

I could have sworn I saw a bunch of disappointed Germans last night as I left a public brewery viewing here in Nürnberg. 

whoops..... I forgot about them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big Europeans shouldn't lose much unless they are playing Argentina or Brazil. The resources these guys put in is just far beyond others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upsets today in the last group:  Japan and Senegal took down group favorites Columbia and Poland respectively.

Lets see how Russia finds a way to fix... I mean win against an Egypt squad that has their best player back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Upsets today in the last group:  Japan and Senegal took down group favorites Columbia and Poland respectively.

Lets see how Russia finds a way to fix... I mean win against an Egypt squad that has their best player back. 

Mo Salah is love. Mo Salah is life 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Russia just assured themselves of another round.  Beating the Saudis and Egypt 8-1 combined still doesn’t say much of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

China and India should emerge soon, as they both have new super leagues that are gaining in audiences and $.  Don’t think either has qualified ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These two games this morning are why soccer sucks.  My goodness.  

Portugal scored 4 mins in and there wasn't another goal in 91 mins of action.  Woof.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

These two games this morning are why soccer sucks.  My goodness.  

Portugal scored 4 mins in and there wasn't another goal in 91 mins of action.  Woof.

How is that any different than a tense 1-0 hockey game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

How is that any different than a tense 1-0 hockey game?

The action of hockey and soccer are quite different.  Soccer is boring and America agrees with me.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

The action of hockey and soccer are quite different.  Soccer is boring and America agrees with me.

Which is why the MLS is growing like crazy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Which is why the MLS is growing like crazy.

I will take your word for it.  Doesn't ever come across my radar.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UND1983 said:

These two games this morning are why soccer sucks.  My goodness.  

Portugal scored 4 mins in and there wasn't another goal in 91 mins of action.  Woof.

 

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

How is that any different than a tense 1-0 hockey game?

OK, I'll bite...

Because hockey doesn't suck?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Soccer is still better then women’s hockey.

Agreed.  

Three 1-0 snoozers today, though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Agreed.  

Three 1-0 snoozers today, though.  

In a typical NBA game 200 points are scored but watching it is hardly enjoyable or entertaining.

To each his own.

.........and remember scoring isn't everything. Anyone married for more than 15+ years can relate!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

In a typical NBA game 200 points are scored but watching it is hardly enjoyable or entertaining.

To each his own.

The NBA is hard to watch when you know what 4 teams have the only shot to win the title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cberkas said:

The NBA is hard to watch when you know what 4 teams have the only shot to win the title.

This was celebrated wildly in the 1990's when only ONE team had a shot at the title...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

This was celebrated wildly in the 1990's when only ONE team had a shot at the title...

..and it was never more popular.  Certain guys have that affect I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

In a typical NBA game 200 points are scored but watching it is hardly enjoyable or entertaining.

To each his own.

.........and remember scoring isn't everything. Anyone married for more than 15+ years can relate!

Speak for yourself.  I have no problem in that departm....well, I mean....yah I can relate.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Agreed.  

Three 1-0 snoozers today, though.  

Spain/Iran had a little drama but yeah, this was probably the biggest meh day of the World Cup so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×