SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SiouxVolley

Is Six man football viable for small ND towns?

South Dakota has authorized six man football.  Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and Colorado have it.  Why not ND with all the small high schools in the state?   Seems better than consolidating and having 8th graders play against seniors.

https://trib.com/sports/high-school/football/addition-of--man-football-in-south-dakota-could-have/article_c0070715-3771-5bc1-a0dd-79326ee5f3a4.html

Interesting that you bring this up.  Midway-Minto going to 6 man is on the next week's NDHSAA agenda.  There are currently 3 teams in ND that play it but they are all in the west and are able to schedule Montana teams.

This is one of my favorite SC Featured episodes.  I think it's worth considering and I agree it's better than hyphenating five or six towns.   

I believe Alexander and Center-Stanton are playing a 6-man schedule right now.  Grenora plays with Westby, MT as Mon-Dak in Montana right now.  May be one other team.  I think if the NDHSAA sanctioned it a few more teams would have it.

I'd be happy with seeing 6-man football come to ND...as long as we can also get 3-class boys' and girls' basketball too and send these private schools in the larger cities masquerading as "Class B" schools into a division of their own.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I'd be happy with seeing 6-man footlball come to ND...as long as we can also get 3-class boys' and girls' basketball too and send these private schools in the larger cities masquerading as "Class B" schools into a division of their own.

th?id=OIP.ov21C-BvUqt7IAC2dONI-AAAAA&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

6 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I'd be happy with seeing 6-man footlball come to ND...as long as we can also get 3-class boys' and girls' basketball too and send these private schools in the larger cities masquerading as "Class B" schools into a division of their own.

We can stay two class... just tell private schools they have to play class A ball since they have access to a lot more players.