SiouxSports.com Forum

Destination hockey

WiSioux

I’d prefer we play these games in high school hockey hotbeds and use the game as a recruiting tool. Host recruits etc. 

But I have to agree that Nashville is a great town and well worth the trip for fans. Like a little Las Vegas.  

I’d never give a B10 program like PSU who is now focusing on hockey and backing it with cash the ability to tell recruits they get games and opponents like this.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CarpeRemote said:

I’d prefer we play these games in high school hockey hotbeds and use the game as a recruiting tool. Host recruits etc. 

But I have to agree that Nashville is a great town and well worth the trip for fans. Like a little Las Vegas.  

I’d never give a B10 program like PSU who is now focusing on hockey and backing it with cash the ability to tell recruits they get games and opponents like this.  

Penn State likes to play a game at Wells Fargo Center, so them playing against UND at Nashville isn’t going to have that big of an impact on recruiting against UND.

On 5/26/2018 at 9:01 AM, CarpeRemote said:

High school hockey hotbeds? High school hockey is pretty much only big in Minnesota. So I’m not sure where you would think we should be playing a destination game.