SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

jdub27

6 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Getting back on topic, the real issue is not whether fans are for or against the Fighting Hawks name and logo.  The issue is that Ralph Engelstad Arena and the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center were built for the University of North Dakota.  And they should be doing everything they can to help them along the way.  And that includes helping the University with their name/logo re branding efforts.  REA Inc/Engelstad Foundation aren't doing that.  And that is a big problem and that was the true intention of the gift.

Good Lord, They them then they there they them than,  who???   What does a proper sentence look like in your world?

You need to realize that "your personal interpretation" of what you think the agreement says, is not a quality rock to build an argument or opinion on. You have built in assumptions that pervert your view of the subject and are incapable of understanding the actual fact that those involved obviously donot share your perverted interpretation of.

10 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Good Lord, They them then they there they them than,  who???   What does a proper sentence look like in your world?

You need to realize that "your personal interpretation" of what you think the agreement says, is not a quality rock to build an argument or opinion on. You have built in assumptions that pervert your view of the subject and are incapable of understanding the actual fact that those involved obviously donot share your perverted interpretation of.

OK, so what is your "interpretation" of the purpose of the REA and the Betty?  What was the reason they were built.  (By the way, ripping on someones grammar in a post might be the lamest thing ever).

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

A bird skull with green feet and pigeon like markings? That looks less like a hawk than our current logo.

Well, to be fair, it's looks just as much like a hawk as the current abomination, but you can disagree. It's your opinion. 

4 hours ago, cberkas said:

So now Kennedy is going Vegas to meet KEM. 

He might as well go to the Staley Cup Finals game and get an idea on a new scoreboard and ice projection system.

Might be a better use of his time?

10 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

And then again, he will find out the hard way, that he doesn't run The Ralph.

And the Ralph needs to set the standard, I can think of 3 B1G schools that have more modern scoreboards.

4 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

And then again, he will find out the hard way, that he doesn't run The Ralph.

And KEM needs to understand that she does not run UND because she is an only child of a multimillionaire. I think Kennedy will convey that message (more diplomatically than I just did, of course). And KEM will likely run to the media whining about how she wasn't bowed down to by Kennedy (again).

REA and BESC were built for the sole purpose of benefiting UND in general and UND Athletics in particular. That was Ralph's vision when he decided to put $100+ million into it. They do not exist to fatten the wallet of KEM and her corporate associates.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, BobIwabuchiFan said:

Is there some documents showing she and her corporate associates are making money off of this arrangement?  Asking for a friend...

Again, I've linked to the Form 990s for the related entities --> PREGO! It's in there. 
As I recall, the only folks drawing compensation are folks that should be (i.e. the general manager and the accountant/CFO of the arena). 

Form 990 for 2017 for REA-related organizations ....
UND Arena Services  EIN: 14-1846178 
UND Sports Facilities EIN: 36-4511153 
Ralph Engelstad Arene EIN: 11-3666663 

See Part VII of the form. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BobIwabuchiFan said:

Is there some documents showing she and her corporate associates are making money off of this arrangement?  Asking for a friend...

Her making money is not the issue.  The REA expensing anything they choose to is the issue.  There are no checks and balances as far as I can tell.

25 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Her making money is not the issue.  The REA expensing anything they choose to is the issue.  There are no checks and balances as far as I can tell.

So it's no different than budgetary issues at a vast majority of universities/colleges?

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So it's no different than budgetary issues at a vast majority of universities/colleges?

Well minus UND having to make huge cuts under state orders while the a member of the REA board throws a fit when they are asked to do the same by renegotiating an annually renewable contract....

• Upvote 2