SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

jdub27

9 minutes ago, TRex said:

So no locker rooms were put in HPC phase 1 or are we redoing something that was just built?

Go back and read everything I wrote about Memorial.  If they had new locker rooms they would be in them.  

8 minutes ago, TRex said:

So no locker rooms were put in HPC phase 1 or are we redoing something that was just built?

8 minutes ago, TRex said:

Locker rooms part of phase 2. Currently players use the concrete dressing rooms under Memorialwhen using the HPC. Although I'm not clear if the discussion here on updating locker rooms has been phase 2 or upgrading in the Alerus?

25 minutes ago, sprig said:

Locker rooms part of phase 2. Currently players use the concrete dressing rooms under Memorialwhen using the HPC. Although I'm not clear if the discussion here on updating locker rooms has been phase 2 or upgrading in the Alerus?

The primary concern seems to be with the memorial stadium locker rooms. Apparently those are used the most by the team. 

• Upvote 1

Completing HPC phase II and higher salaries for the majority of coaches and assistants of all sports would be a big lift for UND athletics. 

The thing that bugs me the most about what I've learned on this thread is the bond taken out to build The Betty, then as it sounds (at least on here) The Ralph pays the bond.

Be interesting to learn the details of this plan. Not much on here said about the concessions, parking, and etc. Could the largest bar in the state be actually paying for The Betty with all it's profit from those sales? 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

The primary concern seems to be with the memorial stadium locker rooms. Apparently those are used the most by the team. 

Thought that might be it, I think they also dress there before riding a bus to the Al for a game. The bottom of Memorial is just as it was in the 70s. Awful damp, crappy, concrete dungeon.

3 minutes ago, sprig said:

Thought that might be it, I think they also dress there before riding a bus to the Al for a game. The bottom of Memorial is just as it was in the 70s. Awful damp, crappy, concrete dungeon.

Yup.  The FB alumni raised 100K+ for the new lockers that are in there but to sink any more money into Memorial itself would be stupid.  It's going to be a heap of rubble eventually.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TRex said:

The thing is, we need other things a lot more than we need new locker rooms.   The HPC needs phase 2, and coaches salaries need to be drastically increased, so that doesn't leave much for locker rooms.   Obvious solution is renegotiate the deal with KEM but as a major donor she holds the high cards so not much we can do.

I think you are wrong on NDSU paying rent too.   It seems to me there was a post here earlier that said they get free rent for the Fargodome since NDSU gave the land to build on.    That's their cash cow.

Really? What are the odds that this spoiled-rotten heiress would ever give us a substantial amount of money in the future? I say the odds are very slim to none. Also, the very existence of REA, Inc. as a non-profit entity is predicated on the proceeds benefiting UND. I don't think that premise is met by skimming 52% of the FB revenue off the top. I don't think that premise is met by REA taking a lion's share of the profits for itself. As some have stated on here, if a non-profit organization is not being true to its charter, their non-profit status with the IRS could be jeopardized.......if someone had the backbone to report them.

I'll let that last thought hang in the air for everyone to ponder.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

59 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Really? What are the odds that this spoiled-rotten heiress would ever give us a substantial amount of money in the future? I say the odds are very slim to none. Also, the very existence of REA, Inc. as a non-profit entity is predicated on the proceeds benefiting UND. I don't think that premise is met by skimming 52% of the FB revenue off the top. I don't think that premise is met by REA taking a lion's share of the profits for itself. As some have stated on here, if a non-profit organization is not being true to its charter, their non-profit status with the IRS could be jeopardized.......if someone had the backbone to report them.

If the HPC2 includes a double facility for CVIC, McGarry would be more likely to support it.  That Foundation has given money to the CVIC in Grand Forks more recently than UND.

1 hour ago, sprig said:

Dress there? No. The Alerus Center has an above average locker room for the football team to use on gamedays. That Alerus Center locker room could be improved but the focus is definitely the locker rooms used for practice at Memorial; they are no good at all. Coaches offices and meeting rooms are way behind there also. HPC phase II includes new locker room, meeting rooms, and coaches offices, all of which are desperately needed relative to what top MVFC programs have.

The UND hockey program has no issues with this currently, as we know with the current upgrades. 

How can "UND fans" be this clueless about the current #1 UND AD fundraising goal if they truthfully care about more than just hockey? To help in explanation, imagine the old Ralph still standing for the hockey team to practice in  and the coaches to have offices in, and the new REA being used only for games. I think the "hockey folks" would be real upset awfully quick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Yup.  The FB alumni raised 100K+ for the new lockers that are in there but to sink any more money into Memorial itself would be stupid.  It's going to be a heap of rubble eventually.

FB alumni raised the money for new lockers and they are supposed to be easily transferred to the HPC when it is ready.  The price was $2k/locker if I remember right and we could pay it over 3 years and split it with others.  We also got a small plate on the locker with names, position and years played.  My dad and I split one.

They may already be over at the HPC already but I lost track.

8 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

FB alumni raised the money for new lockers and they are supposed to be easily transferred to the HPC when it is ready.  The price was $2k/locker if I remember right and we could pay it over 3 years and split it with others.  We also got a small plate on the locker with names, position and years played.  My dad and I split one.

They may already be over at the HPC already but I lost track.

They’re still under memorial. The HPC is just a field and a track with a roof at this point.

9 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

best result of said meeting...to make up for "robbing" fb revenues the engelstad foudnation fully funds the phase 2 of ipf and ground is broken next week...

The engelstad foundation has not robbed anything (other than gamblers). Don't hold your breath waiting for them to donate for football facilities, as education, healthcare, and human services are their priorities (can't complain about that). 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Someone is quite pompous. Would like a little context on how you’ve concluded that she’s “spoiled-rotten”. Pretty sure you know as much about KEM as I do. As for REA, Inc... Quite the allegations you make. Report them then. Put up or shut up. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I hope donors don't read this and see the rep of the top donor in university history spoken so crassly about.

Maybe other donors won’t feel the need to think they run everything 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

9 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I’d say next to zero if they, or any other donors, see this arrogant ashole’s comments.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

51 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I’d say next to zero if they, or any other donors, see this arrogant ashole’s comments.

I don't think that the ultra-rich are known for their thin skin.

But just to be safe, I will lead the charge to say "F*** off, lying Engelstads, and take your stinking money back to the desert. UND don't need you no mo'."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

56 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

You do realize, you just called a fellow Sioux fan an "arrogant ashole (sic)" because you believe that some donor somewhere might give so much as a single flying flip about what is said about them anonymously on some sports board.  Wow.  Think about that for a minute.

• Upvote 4