SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

jdub27

20 minutes ago, Goon said:

Did you listen to this interview? http://www.valleynewslive.com/content/misc/Kris-Eng-482606541.html

She telegraphing how she feels. If this was a marriage we'd be looking for a lawyer. Ahem, Is there a divorce lawyer in the house?

She's also calling out the NDUS for not being in contact with her. 

Just how I see it.  

FYP.  And yeah, it seems she's disappointed they haven't kissed the ring yet.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

We apparently already have the three committees! And they have voted!  

*The committees are the Board of Directors of each of these, and their names are listed in the forms (on page 7 of each):
UND Arena Services  EIN: 14-1846178 
UND Sports Facilities EIN: 36-4511153 
Ralph Engelstad Arene EIN: 11-3666663

It is apparent these boards exist on paper only.  There's just one person calling the shots.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Great artistic minds think alike.  :D

Waaaayyy too much going on at mid-court there.  If you look at every major college BB program you will see a logo at midcourt.  That's it.  

44 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Well, that look good anyway.

Some may thing that our fighting Hawks logo at midcourt would look bad.  Well, it could be worse.....

bilikin.jpg

chanticleers.jpeg

ORU.jpg

shockers.jpg

I don't have a problem with C. Engelstad's plan for the floor at the betty.  Get used to it.  That's what the ice at the Ralph will look like as well.  No FH logo at the center.  The FH logo will be secondary to North Dakota.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

I don't have a problem with C. Engelstad's plan for the floor at the betty.  Get used to it.  That's what the ice at the Ralph will look like as well.  No FH logo at the center.  The FH logo will be secondary to North Dakota.

I don't have a problem with the plan approved by every team that plays at the Betty.  Get used to it.   That's what the ice at the Ralph should look like as well. Only FH logo at the center. North Dakota should always be secondary to the logo, just like I'm sure you agree the Sioux logo should have always been first.

Had REA just put North Dakota at center ice, and not the Sioux logo, would you have told everyone to "get used to it"?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I don't have a problem with the plan approved by every team that plays at the Betty.  Get used to it.   That's what the ice at the Ralph should look like as well. Only FH logo at the center. North Dakota should always be secondary to the logo, just like I'm sure you agree the Sioux logo should have always been first.

Had REA just put North Dakota at center ice, and not the Sioux logo, would you have told everyone to "get used to it"?

You put your best foot forward or in this case front and center. 

Just goes to show there is no such thing as a free Gift.  There is always strings attached.  I think Kennedy is correct in most if not all that he is saying, but he needs to learn to play nice as other donors are watching and most uninformed are going to take the side of the Engelstads after all that they have given to UND.

1.  F'n Hawks logo should be at center court at the Betty.  Seems most VB, MBB & WBB Fans have all embraced the new name and logo. 

2.  Leave just North Dakota at the Ralph.  No need to piss Hockey fans off at this point.

• Upvote 1

Kennedy in Vegas (just Vegas, no Las, it's hockey): Like my email said, it's better for UND Athletics, and UND revenues, to have this at center so we can market it, so it's identifiable. 

McGarry: Market it? So, ... money. What are we talking for numbers here. 

Kennedy: 'bout this much*. Paint or check? 

*This is where Kennedy should have a really, really, really large number from a marketing/PR firm showing the cost impact that backs up his statement.

21 minutes ago, southpaw said:

UND was center ice for Hockey for decades. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Big Green said:

1.  F'n Hawks logo should be at center court at the Betty.  Seems most VB, MBB & WBB Fans have all embraced the new name and logo. 

2.  Leave just North Dakota at the Ralph.  No need to piss Hockey fans off at this point.

Agree with 1 and 2.

3. Fire Pres Kennedy and just hire Steve Shirley. Don”t risk opening it up and chance state board hiring another Ego guy.

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm a hockey fan.
It wouldn't upset me. 

Yeah, me either. I think they should go ahead and put logo out on the ice. Just like like they did at the Regional in Sioux Falls. Those folks will get over it. 

2 hours ago, Goon said:

Winnipeg isn't going to move their AHL team out of Winnipeg. Just a hunch. 

Sico brought back this brain Fart from the past - point is / was I could follow any team (USHL) ? That could / would play at the Ralph as the Fighting Sioux 

7 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Sico brought back this brain Fart from the past - point is / was I could follow any team (USHL) ? That could / would play at the Ralph as the Fighting Sioux 

There's probably an intramural team or 2 playing there under that name.  Get their schedule next fall.

9 minutes ago, Fetch said:

I'm guessing no team would choose to enter that storm right now.

Furthermore, I'm guessing the league offices (for whatever league) wouldn't sign-off on a team intentionally creating the storm. 

You can dream your dream, but right now Waterloo (USHL) is using an ebony-colored bird for their Blackhawks logo.