SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs. Engelstad Foundation: GF herald feature

jdub27

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I can only educate you so much in such a short amount of time.

Try google.

I thought you were Google since you seem to be in the know when it comes to the Engelstad financial situation. Are you their accountant?

2 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

So is the contract done in 2030 or is it a year by year? By the way this was all brought up sounds like it’s a long term that Kennedy wants to either end or renegotiate.

couldn't and shouldn't mcgarry just say...ok it's all yours (REA and Betty)!...problem/headache solved and she can get back to vegas to stir up trouble at unlv?

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

couldn't and shouldn't mcgarry just say...ok it's all yours (REA and Betty)!...problem/headache solved and she can get back to vegas to stir up trouble at unlv?

.......and UND would never see another penny from that Foundation. Brilliant!

• Upvote 2

Maybe Kennedy was hoping for the same thing. 

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

2030 the school takes all of it over. You know the school and it’s hockey program existed and won 5 national titles prior to Ralph’s name on any building. The school will survive if they were getting 100% of the ticket sales.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

her choice...seems like a lot of headache for a place that has zero connection to her...she seems like she just like to push people around with her daddy's cash

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, Cratter said:

The theme is the board of directors at UND/REA is secretly funneling all the profits from the building to the Engelstad Foundation without any of them noticing and them using that money to redonate it later to UND, organizations in Grand Forks, and other places throughout the country! :tinfoilhat:

Think you guys are getting a bit unrailed now.  Stay focused.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Cratter said:

She has friends that work at the Herald and when they found out she was in town. They asked her if they could have an on the record interview with her....and the juicy parts of what she had to say are what you see.

Absolutely false. The article specifically stated she reached out to the Herald and requested a sit down interview. And what friends does she have at the Herald? She made it clear she doesn't have ties here.

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

False. The article specifically stated she reached out to the Herald and requested a sit down interview. And what friends does she have at the Herald? She made it clear she doesn't have ties here. 

the enemy of my enemy is my friend...so she will have plenty of friends at the heraldo (especially schllossy)

26 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

her choice...seems like a lot of headache for a place that has zero connection to her...she seems like she just like to push people around with her daddy's cash

Don’t recall her threatening a lawsuit.  

i don't recall me saying anything about her recalling a recall threatening a lawsuit?

What? The point is, who is trying to push someone around by threatening a lawsuit?  That would be Kennedy.

2 hours ago, CarpeRemote said:

“Usefulness”?

Think back on your life about someone who did something for you they didn’t have to and it changed everything.

Thank you Englestads 

So that's license to abuse and take advantage in perpetuity? Sorry, not buying it.

I got railed for my battered wife reference a few days ago, but your attitude is what reinforces it for me.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Absolutely false. The article specifically stated she reached out to the Herald and requested a sit down interview. And what friends does she have at the Herald? She made it clear she doesn't have ties here.

The Herald sit down along with the pulled $14M pledge to the UNLV Med School are a bad look for Ms. McGarry from my chair.  

• Upvote 4

I’ll say it again, why were there no complaints about the Ralph being a bad thing before last week?   All of a sudden that is the reason that football and basketball aren’t good.  Guess it wasn’t Rudolph after all, now everyone can refocus their negativity.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, tnt said:

I’ll say it again, why were there no complaints about the Ralph being a bad thing before last week?   All of a sudden that is the reason that football and basketball aren’t good.  Guess it wasn’t Rudolph after all, now everyone can refocus their negativity.  

could it be that we actually have a president AND an athletic director that want to build up bball, vball, and fb and looked at these "agreements" and said What The FUK

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, tnt said:

I think you're combining too many things to form a false thought.  Nobody complained before because nobody knew about it.  Now it's coming to light.

Next, I have not seen anybody saying football is bad because of the contract.  They are asking why the REA would take so much football revenue.  

• Upvote 1

Someone smarter than me calculate the gross revenue if every seat was sold for every FB game next year at the Al. Be generous with concession sales and miscellaneous sales and present us with one number that the university is losing revenue wise due to the Foundation thieves.

I'm serious.....and curious.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Someone smarter than me calculate the gross revenue if every seat was sold for every FB game next year at the Al. Be generous with concession sales and miscellaneous sales and present us with one number that the university is losing revenue wise due to the Foundation thieves.

I'm serious.....and curious.

No idea what actually flows to the foundation from REA inc and I doubt REA inc sees any alerus concessions and such, but being generous (and rounding for simple math) we'd be talking 5 games * $20 per ticket * 9,000 tickets = $900,000 * 52% = $468,000 going to REA.

• Upvote 1