SiouxSports.com Forum

New Mascot

petey23

Mascot Name  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Now that UND has voted on and approved a new Hawk Mascot, it is time to name the Hawk.

• Tommy
    • Mike
    • F.N.
    • Mx.
    • Chatan
    • Darell

9 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Does the value of money change over time?

Just asking? It’s not something they covered in remeadial Econ appearently?

jeebus Christ.

I took all HPER classes.  What is remeadial Econ?

22 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Does the value of money change over time?

Just asking? It’s not something they covered in remeadial Econ appearently?

jeebus Christ.

BEF5ED18-CA06-4425-A5DB-D10BAEF45A28.jpeg

I don't know what donations were in 2003 but I have pretty high confidence they were much lower than $2.45 million, which is where they'd have to be for your point to actually make sense. Nice effort though

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I don't know what donations were in 2003 but I have pretty high confidence they were much lower than $2.45 million, which is where they'd have to be for your point to actually make sense. Nice effort though

Yah, I'm not sensing what inflation has to do with hard dollar donations to UND athletics.  What am I missing (since I only took HPER's)?

43 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I don’t care if you wear Sioux gear, but why should I get criticized for wearing Hawk gear or accepting the new name, as you can see Petey thinks I should be the new name of the mascot all because I accept the new name? 

I actually didn't vote for you but the people have spoken.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

I don’t care if you wear Sioux gear, but why should I get criticized for wearing Hawk gear or accepting the new name, as you can see Petey thinks I should be the new name of the mascot all because I accept the new name? 

I’ve never criticized you. Wear what you want. 

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Ethically flawed argument from many angles.  Absolutely NO relation of the variables.

But that’s not stopped you before so keep spouting your ignorance.

Now sign out and make sure you get to downvote someone calling out your BS again, with all your screen names.

Interesting that you are talking stats and saying something as a matter of fact.....

11 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I was told that Fighting Sioux hillbilly's quit giving once the name was dropped.  You and El Zagel are saying that isn't the truth since Hawks fans are not giving anything other than wearing hats and shirts.  Which is it?

I know quite a few alumni which I went to the U with and am still in touch with.

I'll take 20 of them, those that I am the most in touch with. Eight claimed they would never support UND, if the U retired the SIOUX name. All 20 were pretty strong Sioux name supporters and all were disappointed when this BIRD hatched, me included.  Four of these live in GF.  To make a long story short, all but one have bought Hawk apparel and are supporting the new name, some of coarse more than others. Nine have season tickets to at least one sport and five more have given $ to the academic side of the U. All but one have gone to U sporting events since the Sioux retirement.

Now this is too small a pool to make an overall judgement, but my point here is (that after the initial group that immediately accepted the change) the Fighting Hawk is gaining support, as time goes on:

Some alumni made statements about their abandoning support of this U and some of those have since changed their minds. 

More and more alumni and fans are slowly accepting the change, and some may never. 

Every year, on one end a new freshman class emerges, where as on the other end  -  there is a RIP.

All the Flickertails and Fighting Aggies are dead. Some day so will all the Aggies, Sioux, and Fighting Sioux.

6 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

All the Flickertails and Fighting Aggies are dead. Some day so will all the Aggies, Sioux, and Fighting Sioux.

... except for our resident Hindu and he's stocked up on apparel for three lifetimes. :silly:

18 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You apparently don't recognize when someone is making fun of your new-found Hinduism. ;) 

Do you have a turban with a logo on the front (ala Al Pearson' cowboy hat)? 

Just wear one of my many Fighting Sioux hats 

37 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Hat?
No turban?
What kind of Hindu are you?
< shakes head in disappointment > 

Turbans get a little warm for me. 

Heres the deal. I’m a big Minnesota Wild fan. Can’t stand their logo though and don’t buy any of their apparel but I still wear North Star shirts. Same thing with the Hawks and Sioux. Hope that helps 

13 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Turbans get a little warm for me. 

Heres the deal. I’m a big Minnesota Wild fan. Can’t stand their logo though and don’t buy any of their apparel but I still wear North Star shirts. Same thing with the Hawks and Sioux. Hope that helps 

#NorthStarsForever, #SiouxForever, #RedskinsForever, #DakotaTerritoryForever, #13ColoniesForever :D

8 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I know quite a few alumni which I went to the U with and am still in touch with.

I'll take 20 of them, those that I am the most in touch with. Eight claimed they would never support UND, if the U retired the SIOUX name. All 20 were pretty strong Sioux name supporters and all were disappointed when this BIRD hatched, me included.  Four of these live in GF.  To make a long story short, all but one have bought Hawk apparel and are supporting the new name, some of coarse more than others. Nine have season tickets to at least one sport and five more have given $ to the academic side of the U. All but one have gone to U sporting events since the Sioux retirement.

Now this is too small a pool to make an overall judgement, but my point here is (that after the initial group that immediately accepted the change) the Fighting Hawk is gaining support, as time goes on:

Some alumni made statements about their abandoning support of this U and some of those have since changed their minds. 

More and more alumni and fans are slowly accepting the change, and some may never. 

Every year, on one end a new freshman class emerges, where as on the other end  -  there is a RIP.

WHAT?!?! No way! Did they change, like, over time?? Was it a magic potion?!

No... it's called time... chill out, Hawks fans. Your time is coming. 

38 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

WHAT?!?! No way! Did they change, like, over time?? Was it a magic potion?!

No... it's called time... chill out, Hawks fans. Your time is coming. 

We are all fans of the University of North Dakota.  We are all Hawks fans. #unity

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

I never got the memo that mandated those two things have to be mutually inclusive for fandom.

So curious to people who aren't fans of the Hawks name.  If you are say at the Frozen Faceoff and hear a St Cloud fan yell "Hawks suck" during the game.  Do you get offended or do you not care that someone just put down the team you cheer for because you don't identify with that name as the University of North Dakota?  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So curious to people who aren't fans of the Hawks name.  If you are say at the Frozen Faceoff and hear a St Cloud fan yell "Hawks suck" during the game.  Do you get offended or do you not care that someone just put down the team you cheer for because you don't identify with that name as the University of North Dakota?  

I would say they are not offended at all and probably laugh. But that is my uneducated opinion and it's probably case-by-case.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I'd defend my team, but not necessarily acknowledge the team name. No need to. I'd say most would do the same. Offended? No. I don't get offended when someone tells me my team sucks. That's silly.

That, or I'd just make some sort of a quip back to said Clown fan that they have less NCAA tournament wins than we do Nattys. :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1