SiouxSports.com Forum

New Mascot

petey23

Mascot Name  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Now that UND has voted on and approved a new Hawk Mascot, it is time to name the Hawk.

• Tommy
    • Mike
    • F.N.
    • Mx.
    • Chatan
    • Darell

6 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Correct. 2 different sentences. My opinion happens to agree with the objective opinions of the vast majority regarding our unfortunate logo.

And majority always rules...Fighting Sioux Forever. 

1 minute ago, darell1976 said:

Jealous they wouldn’t hire you with the stick figures you draw?

Yup......once again in your infinite wisdom you nailed it. Congrats.

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Amazing SME has managed to keep the doors open let alone continue to pick up national contracts with some pretty impressive brands. 

I'm thinking they concentrated their efforts on those national contracts and didn't exactly give their all on the flyover country bird.  

30 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I'm thinking they concentrated their efforts on those national contracts and didn't exactly give their all on the flyover country bird.  

^^^^^^This^^^^^^

$50k doesnt even get a real logo design/branding company out of bed, instantly delegated to an intern. 

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Can't remember what we paid, but if it was over 2-3 hours at $40/hour we got taken.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

^^^^^^This^^^^^^

$50k doesnt even get a real logo design/branding company out of bed, instantly delegated to an intern. 

People (including yourself if I remember correctly) have already complained about funds spent on the new nickname and logo and now your'e saying they didn't spend enough? Though I suppose being fluid in your position makes it easier to criticize. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

People (including yourself if I remember correctly) have already complained about funds spent on the new nickname and logo and now your'e saying they didn't spend enough? Though I suppose being fluid in your position makes it easier to criticize. 

16 hours ago, petey23 said:

Can't remember what we paid, but if it was over 2-3 hours at $40/hour we got taken.

I recall most of the complaining being, as Petey put it, that UND "got taken" for the quality of product it received in relation to the cost paid out to get it.  Most (on this site) didn't see this logo as a sufficient ROI.

On 5/13/2018 at 8:16 AM, Siouxphan27 said:

I've read every nickname discussion on here and don't recall anything other than the SME self congratulatory award.  

Maybe Darell can investigate. 

This is the only article I remember seeing regarding the logo in any sort of rankings or awards.  #37 in the best new primary logos of 2016 according to some Chris Creamer guy.  Yet again, another ones opinion.  But it wasn't on the worst logos of 2016!!

http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/12/22/2016-creamer-awards-best-and-worst-new-logos-of-the-year/

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

This is the only article I remember seeing regarding the logo in any sort of rankings or awards.  #37 in the best new primary logos of 2016 according to some Chris Creamer guy.  Yet again, another ones opinion.  But it wasn't on the worst logos of 2016!!

http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/12/22/2016-creamer-awards-best-and-worst-new-logos-of-the-year/

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So you're saying we weren't the worst?  Yay!!  Kinda reminds me of this dating service from Mad TV. :)

th?id=OIP.Il0apGUCvJhBBa9D0QwksQHaFj&pid=15.1&P=0&w=227&h=171

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Maybe Hillsboro's logo debate is being handled a little better than others.   You decide! ;)

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/government-and-politics/4444603-hillsboro-picks-brand-opens-logo-contest

At least a board is picking from multiple logos, unlike what Ed Schafer did.

11 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

At least a board is picking from multiple logos, unlike what Ed Schafer did.

While Ed had the final say, his voice was far from the only one heard. Again, they tried to please too many people.

4 hours ago, jdub27 said:

While Ed had the final say, his voice was far from the only one heard. Again, they tried to please too many people.

No one else had a say on the logo, SME came out with 3 logos which no one else saw and Ed picked which one “he” liked best.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wdaz.com/news/4064977-schafer-fighting-hawks-logo-not-debate%3famp

3 hours ago, darell1976 said:

No one else had a say on the logo, SME came out with 3 logos which no one else saw and Ed picked which one “he” liked best.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wdaz.com/news/4064977-schafer-fighting-hawks-logo-not-debate%3famp

Could not these other variations be uncovered in a FOIA request?