SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs

cberkas

1 hour ago, sprig said:

All the xtras got dressed to hoist the cup,  although their names were not on it

Is this a thing? How does it work...in a clinching scenario do they watch the game from down below -- gear at the ready, or venture downstairs midway thru the 3rd?

I get that it's the Cup, but it seems kind of lame, or at the least misleading. Can't they be photographed in a suit?

41 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Is this a thing? How does it work...in a clinching scenario do they watch the game from down below -- gear at the ready, or venture downstairs midway thru the 3rd?

I get that it's the Cup, but it seems kind of lame, or at the least misleading. Can't they be photographed in a suit?

Seemed odd to me.  Wonder if it's been done that way every year

21 minutes ago, sprig said:

Seemed odd to me.  Wonder if it's been done that way every year

I recall Hrkac raising the cup in suit pants, skates, and his jersey (although he did play games in the finals, but did not dress for the clincher. Odd that the xtra players put on the unis and raised the cup, even though their names will not be engraved (at least this season).  Kind of a jinx, isn't it?

18 minutes ago, Ranger said:

I recall Hrkac raising the cup in suit pants, skates, and his jersey (although he did play games in the finals, but did not dress for the clincher. Odd that the xtra players put on the unis and raised the cup, even though their names will not be engraved (at least this season).  Kind of a jinx, isn't it?

I have a feeling that some of the millennial-generation NHL players don't buy into the jinx idea... 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, BIGSIOUX said:

They’ve done it for the last few I’ve paid attention to. I think the hawks not dressed in Tampa also we’re in uni for the celebration 

No, they were in suits.  

• Upvote 1

On 6/8/2018 at 3:27 PM, The Sicatoka said:

I'm just sad the Caps never put the "all Irish" penalty kill out together.

Forwards of O'vechkin and O'shie and defense of O'rpik and O'rlov. ;) 

Don't call us when we need comic relief...we'll call you.  :lol:

I know this isn’t NHL but I didn’t see any other thread for the Colorado Eagles...Congrats Jake Marto, Coach Aaron Schneekloth, and the rest of the Eagles for winning the Kelly Cup!

I went to my first Eagles game (game 6) last Wednesday up in Loveland and the atmosphere was awesome! They play in the 7,200 seat Budweiser Events Center and it feels like a college atmosphere! The building feels small with the fans right on top of the ice, they’re loud too! The fans up there are very passionate about their Eagles. If you get the chance, I highly recommend going to a game there! 

• Upvote 2

On 6/8/2018 at 10:49 AM, The Sicatoka said:

And it's the Cup Finals, so when Gersich played in the earlier round doesn't count. 

No, not quite correct yet, it is the Stanley Cup Final.

There is no s, there is only one Stanley Cup*  there can be but one final series.

There are Stanley Cup Final Games (games being plural) but only the Cup Final is not pluralized.

Other major sports use the “finals” NHL does not.

as Gersich didn’t play in any of the games of the Final series, or 42 regular season games he is not entitled to have his name engraved on the Cup, unless the Caps petition the league to include, which they shouldn’t do as he doesn’t deserve that honor as per his limited contribution, he got to hoist and skate it, he’ll get a ring, but won’t see his name engraved in all likelihood.

*technically 3 cups ( original, presentation, twin replica in HOF display)

• 2 months later...