SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Non-UND College Hockey

cberkas

15 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Looks like Bryce Brodinski flipped commitmemt to follow Motzko.

Clown fans are not entertained.

Screenshot_20180521-075905.jpg

Kinda nice when a conference competitor of ours (especially one with the last conference title) loses a commit, but not all that good when the 0.0001 NCAA non-qualifiers are the crooks.

I would have to say it must be tough being a Clown fan since NCAA 1st round loss and week later Motzko goes to their close neighbors, the Goofs. Almost feel sorry for their fans. 

7 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Kinda nice when a conference competitor of ours (especially one with the last conference title) loses a commit, but not all that good when the 0.0001 NCAA non-qualifiers are the crooks.

I would have to say it must be tough being a Clown fan since NCAA 1st round loss and week later Motzko goes to their close neighbors, the Goofs. Almost feel sorry for their fans. 

Don't feel too sorry, they will probably be the favorite in our league this year. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is strange, I honestly thought this was a joke. 

Told that Phil Roy stepping down at Clarkson had to do with his visa getting denied by the U.S. government, as it clamps down on immigration. Really unfortunate for a good coach who had a lot to do with helping Clarkson’s rebuild. He had a big hand in recruiting those players.

• 2 weeks later...

No more 3x3 OT’s there will only be 5x5 OT’s, not sure about shootouts. The problem I saw with the 3x3 OT was the game was still a tie no matter the outcome of the OT. It wasn’t like the NCHC went straight to a 3x3 OT which probably could have saved it by the NCAA hockey rules committee.

IMO the NCHC had it right.  Rarely did it affect the end of the year standings.  I thought it was good entertainment to see a 3x3 or shootout.  I always hated leaving the game after a tie, seemed like a waste of time.  NHL uses 3x3 and shootout, if it is good enough for the top league in the world it should be good enough for college hockey.

Interesting no one on the committee is from leagues that use the 3x3 or shoot out.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Five minute 5x5 OT. Shootout. But using 5 point games

Don't like the shootout? 

Five minute 5x5 OT. 2 point games. (No magic "extra point".) 

I like the three point system, but you have some good points. Although, a 5 point systems could give you with a 12-9-2-3-4 record, which looks a little clunky.

33 minutes ago, Big Green said:

IMO the NCHC had it right.  Rarely did it affect the end of the year standings.  I thought it was good entertainment to see a 3x3 or shootout.  I always hated leaving the game after a tie, seemed like a waste of time.  NHL uses 3x3 and shootout, if it is good enough for the top league in the world it should be good enough for college hockey.

Interesting no one on the committee is from leagues that use the 3x3 or shoot out.  

If the NCAA wasn't get the best of the best that aspire to play in the NHL, they should model their game after the NHL as much as possible.  5 minute 3 on 3 followed by a shootout.  I don't understand why leagues are so against this.  

"Every prominent North American professional and junior league uses three-on-three overtimes in the regular season, including the NHL, the American Hockey League and the ECHL."