Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dden3

Opening Webpage of SiouxSports.com

Recommended Posts

Are we going to have to look at the article on the NCHC tournament and St. Cloud game all off season like last off season when the BU game was on the front page until the new season started.  Brought back horrible memories everytime I opened up siouxsports.com.  Surely there is something else that can go there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dden3 said:

Are we going to have to look at the article on the NCHC tournament and St. Cloud game all off season like last off season when the BU game was on the front page until the new season started.  Brought back horrible memories everytime I opened up siouxsports.com.  Surely there is something else that can go there.

Just look at the UMD game. We won! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Just look at the UMD game. We won! ;)

How many seasons end with a win and the entire fanbase is pissed?! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dden3 said:

Are we going to have to look at the article on the NCHC tournament and St. Cloud game all off season like last off season when the BU game was on the front page until the new season started.  Brought back horrible memories everytime I opened up siouxsports.com.  Surely there is something else that can go there.

 

It was sure nice in 2016 though.  ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

How many seasons end with a win and the entire fanbase is pissed?! 

This one for sure!  Because we could have swept Denver in January.  Because we gave up a 3-0 lead and lost to Miami in February on Friday night, and then had a stinkin' tie on Saturday night.  Because we lost to and tied Union IN OUR OWN BUILDING in November (in my opinion, even though we put a pretty good @$$ whipping on Western the following weekend, this is where the season turned).  Because We had 10 ties that at one time were leads that were coughed up.  Because Duluth crushed us both nights at their rink in January.  Because special teams.  And although, I was less than a fan of Cam Johnson, it wasn't even close to all on him as the entire season went.  Despite all that, this coming August, when our season tickets show up in the mail, I'll be grinning from ear to ear with anticipation of Friday and Saturday nights in my seat up in 306, and a Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA in my hand.  Unless they get Deschutes Black Butte Porter.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Just look at the UMD game. We won! ;)

Haha, good call. The season ends in a win and people still complain about the score staying up :D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on guys. I am just saying can we have a little more forward looking webpage to look at during the off-season?  I got so so tired of being reminded of that awful BU loss as I’m sure young Bowen did too

 

on another note, I returned to Grand Forks for the second time in 45 years and attended the regular season ending St Cloud series at the Ralph. Flew to Mpls and drove to Grand Forks. I noticed at one end of the Ralph a banner to (I think) retire Ralph Engelstads number and another banner along side it to retire Casey’s number.  Assume this is Jon Casey former goaltender who won two Nattys. Shouldn’t we have another banner (or 3) for Gino, Dean, and Hak right Beside those two? We could have one banner with all their names or one for each of them. They are all deserving of a banner and a night to thank all of them together. That would be awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dden3 said:

Come on guys. I am just saying can we have a little more forward looking webpage to look at during the off-season?  I got so so tired of being reminded of that awful BU loss as I’m sure young Bowen did too

 

on another note, I returned to Grand Forks for the second time in 45 years and attended the regular season ending St Cloud series at the Ralph. Flew to Mpls and drove to Grand Forks. I noticed at one end of the Ralph a banner to (I think) retire Ralph Engelstads number and another banner along side it to retire Casey’s number.  Assume this is Jon Casey former goaltender who won two Nattys. Shouldn’t we have another banner (or 3) for Gino, Dean, and Hak right Beside those two? We could have one banner with all their names or one for each of them. They are all deserving of a banner and a night to thank all of them together. That would be awesome. 

Actually is for Terry Casey, #12, who died in a car crash way back. I think Darren Jensen was in net for the championships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×