SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 NCAA Tournament - Worst to First

MafiaMan

On 3/22/2018 at 9:20 AM, MafiaMan said:

#7  UMD  -- Absolutely not.

#6  Ohio State -- Ish.

#5  Notre Dame -- First team in the FF.  Dammit anyways.

#4  Denver -- Nope. 

#3  Boston University -- See above.

#2  Michigan -- I'm a little nervous about this happening.  

#1  Air Force Academy -- Those blue uniforms!  Dilly dilly.

This has not gone as well as I'd hoped.

52 minutes ago, John W. said:

As of this morning....6 teams left.....3 BIG and 2 NCHC....which is the better conference.....How great to be a Michigan alum....FB, BB and Hockey elite...

Michigan football elite?  Where have you been since 1998?  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, John W. said:

As of this morning....6 teams left.....3 BIG and 2 NCHC....which is the better conference.....How great to be a Michigan alum....FB, BB and Hockey elite...also pretty damn good at baseball also...

As of this morning....impossible for the NCHC to have more than 2 teams still alive given the bracket layout.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, John W. said:

As of this morning....6 teams left.....3 BIG and 2 NCHC....which is the better conference.....How great to be a Michigan alum....FB, BB and Hockey elite...also pretty damn good at baseball also...

Hockey...2 titles since '64

Basketball...always have that Chris Webber timeout

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, John W. said:

Michigan hockey has not been elite since hula hoops.  

Do some of you bother to read words....or just jump to your 'feelings'....3 BIG teams still alive...MI, OSU and Notre Dame....2 NCHC...Denver and UMD....that's all I said.... So if MI is still alive in tourney. I'd consider that elite...

I hope UMD wins it all...mainly local talent...UND should pull for them also as Sandelin formerly on staff...

12 minutes ago, John W. said:

Do some of you bother to read words....or just jump to your 'feelings'....3 BIG teams still alive...MI, OSU and Notre Dame....2 NCHC...Denver and UMD....that's all I said.... So if MI is still alive in tourney. I'd consider that elite...

I hope UMD wins it all...mainly local talent...UND should pull for them also as Sandelin formerly on staff...

You asked which is the better conference after mentioning in the same sentence how many teams were still alive in the respective conferences.     I merely pointed out the flaw in your logic.  Maybe you're unaware OSU and MI have only played one round thus far.  Don't get too butthurt, Professsor.  

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

Part of that is based on the fact that 5 of their 8 teams failed to qualify for the tournament in the first place, compared to only 3 out of 7 from the Big Ten who failed to qualify. So there is that part, which just adds to the Big Ten's superiority over the vastly overrated yet still obnoxiously arrogant NCHC.

Counting UMD and Notre Dame this year the NCHC has 8 frozen four appearances and 2 titles. The BIG has 2 frozen four appearances and 0 titles. As it stands right now the NCHC has been the better conference. It may not always be that way, but the BIG has nothing to brag about right now.

3 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

True but I'm not comparing the last four years. Sticking to the current season and the current season only, there should be absolutely no doubt whatsoever in anybody's mind that the Big ten has been the more successful conference. I trust some stubborn NCHC fans will refuse to admit it, but it is very clear in the eyes of any person with an objective mind.

This season isn't over yet. What if BU and DU win today, BU beats Notre Dame and UMD or DU win the title? 

2 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

True but I'm not comparing the last four years. Sticking to the current season and the current season only, there should be absolutely no doubt whatsoever in anybody's mind that the Big ten has been the more successful conference. I trust some stubborn NCHC fans will refuse to admit it, but it is very clear in the eyes of any person with an objective mind.

FFS the point has always been about best conference TOP to BOTTOM, not the better top tier teams. This is the difference. 

35 minutes ago, Maize And Blue said:

Interesting topic. Is it fair to suggest, based on the current season, that Denver makes the NCHC better in terms of top tier teams while the Big Ten has been stronger overall top to bottom?

Do you have some kind of personality misfire?  Maize and Blue  -  WOW

I get the blue for Penn St. What's the Maize for?

34 minutes ago, Maize And Blue said:

Interesting topic. Is it fair to suggest, based on the current season, that Denver makes the NCHC better in terms of top tier teams while the Big Ten has been stronger overall top to bottom?

No. The bottom of the nchc is better than the bottom of the b1g.

• Upvote 2

My new ranking:

#4.  UMD -- no effing way.

#3.  Michigan -- that title thing.

#2.   Notre Dame -- still yuck.

#1.  Ohio State -- an NCAA hockey title by the Buckeyes will be forgotten by the time the football team takes the field for spring practice.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

My new ranking:

#4.  UMD -- no effing way.

#3.  Michigan -- that title thing.

#2.   Notre Dame -- still yuck.

#1.  Ohio State -- an NCAA hockey title by the Buckeyes will be forgotten by the time the football team takes the field for spring practice.  

4. UMD-I’m still bitter over Pionk and Tonninato....Ciskie too....God.....

3. Michigan-If anybody instead of UMD.  Love Mel Pearson though.

2. Ohio State-Would be their first.....university still won’t care.

1. Notre Dame-Always loved Irish football, would love to see Jeff Jackson win another.  I remember watching him win at lake state, always liked how hard his teams play.  

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

4. UMD-I’m still bitter over Pionk and Tonninato....Ciskie too....God.....

3. Michigan-If anybody instead of UMD.  Love Mel Pearson though.

2. Ohio State-Would be their first.....university still won’t care.

1. Notre Dame-Always loved Irish football, would love to see Jeff Jackson win another.  I remember watching him win at lake state, always liked how hard his teams play.  

I second this list. 

4.  UMD    I just can't. Pionk. Wolf. And the constant complaining when they get called for it.

3.  Michigan   Too many titles already.  2011.  And that song.

2.  Notre Dame   Of the 3 BIGs they didn't impress me this weekend.

1.  Ohio State    I guess.