SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

• 3 weeks later...

C - Colton

A - Gardner
A - Jones
A - Shaw

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=211715169&_ga=2.89792027.1479225891.1525875126-1096547208.1522879919

Not gonna lie, I'm stunned Shaw is up there lol. Big fan of Colton wearing the C. I think he, Gardner and Jones all could have been fantastic captains. 

5 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

C - Colton

A - Gardner
A - Jones
A - Shaw

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=211715169&_ga=2.89792027.1479225891.1525875126-1096547208.1522879919

Not gonna lie, I'm stunned Shaw is up there lol. Big fan of Colton wearing the C. I think he, Gardner and Jones all could have been fantastic captains. 

I don’t think it’s that surprising. He’s a senior, experienced, and we don’t have many seniors. 

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

I don’t think it’s that surprising. He’s a senior, experienced, and we don’t have many seniors. 

I guess, but he doesn't really do it from me. Oh well. Not fully against it, I just thought Janatuinen was a better candidate for it.

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I guess, but he doesn't really do it from me. Oh well. Not fully against it, I just thought Janatuinen was a better candidate for it.

I know he’s not a fan favorite around here, but he’ll be a good A. 

I probably would have left it at 3 captains, myself. 

28 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

C - Colton

A - Gardner
A - Jones
A - Shaw

Wow, hard to believe Shaw is already a senior. 

Serious question, do people think Coach Shaw will stay at UND, or that there will be a change? Whether that be Shaw looking for a different opportunity, or UND look for a new coach, or whatever. I don't care about the reasoning or who's decision, just curious if anyone sees a potential change there, with his kid no longer being at UND after this next season.

Thoughts?

14 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Serious question, do people think Coach Shaw will stay at UND, or that there will be a change? Whether that be Shaw looking for a different opportunity, or UND look for a new coach, or whatever. I don't care about the reasoning or who's decision, just curious if anyone sees a potential change there, with his kid no longer being at UND after this next season.

Thoughts?

I don't think it'll change, unless it's Shaw looking for a different opportunity. It took me just over a decade to finally come to terms that it doesn't matter who is in charge of UND's PP, it'll always be at best, mediocre.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Thoughts?

I've wondered the same.  Being that he arrived the same time as his son, it's easy to speculate that they'll depart together.  If/where he goes and who initiates the change are open questions.  Nothing would surprise me.  He has experience as a NHL assistant and USHL HC, that's a nice resume.  Plus he's not a UND lifer.  Perhaps he's more open to other opportunities than Berry or Jackson.  Those are my thoughts.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

C - Colton

A - Gardner
A - Jones
A - Shaw

Great - staff and players have made leadership decisions - now lets work on team unity and set the goal for #9.  We need hard work and focus and are capable of doing it - hopefully ending last season early doesn't sit well with this team.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

C - Colton

A - Gardner
A - Jones
A - Shaw

awesome for Colton.  Great kid, and deserves to be a Captain on this team.  Gonna be a fun year, I hope

It was confirmed today that Kato is going to be playing at UND this year on Oct 19-20 as the WCHA composite schedule was released. I think that was already pretty common knowledge, but dates are out there now. MSU has a hell of a non-conference schedule, by the way. BU at home, at UND, home-and-home with MN and the Desert Classic (I think first round vs UMD and second round is ASU/Clarkson). Non-conference will put us in top 7 nationally or bury us.

1 hour ago, bale31 said:

It was confirmed today that Kato is going to be playing at UND this year on Oct 19-20 as the WCHA composite schedule was released. I think that was already pretty common knowledge, but dates are out there now. MSU has a hell of a non-conference schedule, by the way. BU at home, at UND, home-and-home with MN and the Desert Classic (I think first round vs UMD and second round is ASU/Clarkson). Non-conference will put us in top 7 nationally or bury us.

Anything less than a sweep is unacceptable ....

:D

10 hours ago, bale31 said:

I'm guessing this is the first time BU has made the trip to Kato?  Somebody gonna clue them in on Mettlers? :)

8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

I'm guessing this is the first time BU has made the trip to Kato?  Somebody gonna clue them in on Mettlers? :)

Boston hockey teams don't go slummin west of the Appalachians very often, I'm sure they will find Mankato culturally and intellectually stimulating. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Boston hockey teams don't go slummin west of the Appalachians very often, I'm sure they will find Mankato culturally and intellectually stimulating. 

Upon landing, one of their players will post on Twitter, nothing but four points. That was actually funny because Coach Paker benched that player for game one. 

10 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Yeah, it's a return trip. I'm sure they shared some fine establishments with our players/fans last year and we can return the favor now. We need to thank them for alienating Connor LaCouvee last year and sending him our way. It worked out pretty well for us.

So, you have JBD probably coming in a year earlier than the coaching staff planned (for a good reason obviously). This caused Casey Johnson  to move full time to forward. My question would be, I think we now have 1 more forward than usual. There's no really incoming forwards that could be pushed back. Does everything think there will be a Wilkie type situation this summer?

21 minutes ago, AJS said:

So, you have JBD probably coming in a year earlier than the coaching staff planned (for a good reason obviously). This caused Casey Johnson  to move full time to forward. My question would be, I think we now have 1 more forward than usual. There's no really incoming forwards that could be pushed back. Does everything think there will be a Wilkie type situation this summer?

I'm not sure Keane is coming.  As an undersized forward I'd expect scoring to be his calling card, but his production in the USHL and BCHL hasn't been there.  Also, his eliteprospects page doesn't look like the others.  Just my own speculation, but it seems like that would make the forward numbers work out.

16 minutes ago, Quincheezmo said:

I'm not sure Keane is coming.  As an undersized forward I'd expect scoring to be his calling card, but his production in the USHL and BCHL hasn't been there.  Also, his eliteprospects page doesn't look like the others.  Just my own speculation, but it seems like that would make the forward numbers work out.

He’s coming. 

44 minutes ago, AJS said:

No. 

Considering all the injuries at forward the last 2 seasons, I’m not sure having an extra one is a bad move...