SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

54 minutes ago, franchise said:

Anything less than 35-0 is unacceptable.

Sadly this is true. 

33 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

I would take a 20-10-5 if the last win of the season Comes 2nd week of april

if we go 34-1 and last loss is 2nd week of April I’m not for that at all!

Case in point. 

49 minutes ago, siouxczech29 said:

Curious who the 6th top forward will be. I’m assuming the top 5 are Jones, Mismash, Kawaguchi, Gardner, and Janatuinen. Who will be the 6th?

Adams, definitely.  I didn’t like how he looked in a bottom 6 role last year.  I would honestly throw him on the top line and see what happens.

i think Hoff needs to be our third center.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxczech29 said:

Curious who the 6th top forward will be. I’m assuming the top 5 are Jones, Mismash, Kawaguchi, Gardner, and Janatuinen. Who will be the 6th?

Centers by my guess will be (1st) Gardner, (2nd) Jones, (3rd) Hoff. 

I'd be delighted if Adams and Hain were in a week-to-week battle to see who has Jones and who has Hoff as his centerman that weekend. Heck, if those two want to go all out and move JJ down to Hoff's wing I'd be good with that. I miss the competition; I miss skate-or-sit. 

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Centers by my guess will be (1st) Gardner, (2nd) Jones, (3rd) Hoff. 

I'd be delighted if Adams and Hain were in a week-to-week battle to see who has Jones and who has Hoff as his centerman that weekend. Heck, if those two want to go all out and move JJ down to Hoff's wing I'd be good with that. I miss the competition; I miss skate-or-sit. 

I think it’s more likely a battle to be on Gardner’s line since he’s the top 6 center looking for new linemates. I don’t see them breaking up the Mismash- Jones-Guch line if we already know it works. Especially considering the struggles to find lines that work this last season. 

10 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I think it’s more likely a battle to be on Gardner’s line since he’s the top 6 center looking for new linemates. I don’t see them breaking up the Mismash- Jones-Guch line if we already know it works. Especially considering the struggles to find lines that work this last season. 

I agree with this and this is what I was assuming with my previous question. My hope is that Hain or Weatherby can step up. I also agree about Adams but I think a good high energy line could be Adams-Hoff-Bowen (3rd line)

Just wanted to get the conversation going... thanks for playing 

2 minutes ago, siouxczech29 said:

I agree with this and this is what I was assuming with my previous question. My hope is that Hain or Weatherby can step up. I also agree about Adams but I think a good high energy line could be Adams-Hoff-Bowen (3rd line)

Just wanted to get the conversation going... thanks for playing 

Moving Bowen to third line creates a problem on the 4th line- who would center that line? We return 4 centers (Jones, Gardner, Hoff, Bowen) and 2 others who played a few games at center (Mismash and Adams). You gotta keep Bowen at 4th line center unless an incoming freshman emerges as a 4th line center option.  Hain might be a good option on that 3rd line you suggested in Bowen’s place. 

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

Weatherby is not in their plans at center for next year. I heard this on a podcast. 

What about Hain?  I saw he was playing center yesterday against Canada.  I suppose if they peg him as a top six guy, they will play him at wing.  

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

Moving Bowen to third line creates a problem on the 4th line- who would center that line? We return 4 centers (Jones, Gardner, Hoff, Bowen) and 2 others who played a few games at center (Mismash and Adams). You gotta keep Bowen at 4th line center unless an incoming freshman emerges as a 4th line center option.  Hain might be a good option on that 3rd line you suggested in Bowen’s place. 

Yeah, Bowen could be the 4th line center.  More and more teams are building lines around offensive production, have a top 9 approach vs a top 6/bottom 6 thinking.  Bowen is more of an energy guy rather than a stat guy.  Important player when healthy, just not a guy who’s going to put up points.  You never know though.  I’d rather see what Weatherby or hain, or even yon to an extent, can do in a top 9 role.

14 minutes ago, tnt said:

What about Hain?  I saw he was playing center yesterday against Canada.  I suppose if they peg him as a top six guy, they will play him at wing.  

I’m not sure if he will play center either, at least to start. Weatherby was specifically mentioned as being a center, but one that will be played at wing next year.  I think to start the season they will go with our experienced centers and adjust if it will benefit the team. Obviously eventually they will need to get experience at center considering are top 2 centers will be seniors.