SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. UMD @ the X - SATURDAY GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

14 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Crazy I know. 

Also, keep either Johnson or Thome at goalie position. I know it might be an option to have them skate out and have one of the healthy scratch forwards play goalie, but that seems risky at this point. 

So no Cam-Simo-Trevor O line???

Risk our season I guess....

Yah, Rieger is getting crucified over his mistake when in all actuality, UND is lucky they even got it to overtime given all the grade A chances the team gave up and had to rely on Cam bailing them out. Yes, it was an incredibly dumb no look pass but he’s good enough to still be in today’s lineup. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Yes let’s bench him for one mistake and kill his confidence, at least he plays with some  fire, I say he plays.

One huge mistake that everybody noticed and gave the game away. He made plenty more throughout the game and might've had his worst game of the season. UND should've just went with 5 defensemen for the 3rd and OT. I'd be pretty surprised if he plays today. If he does no way he should get a regular shift.

1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

Hoff in for Johnson, Peski in for Rieger

Smith-Simonson-Olson
Gersich-Gardner-Janatuinen
Mismash-Jones-Kawaguchi
Hoff-Bowen-Poganski
Wolanin-Poolman
Shaw-Bast
Kiersted-Peski
Johnson

I’ll be watching 16 pretty hard today. Another game like yesterday and I would hope he leaves after the season. 

13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’ll be watching 16 pretty hard today. Another game like yesterday and I would hope he leaves after the season. 

He could easily be the second highest returning scorer next year.  He has his moments, but if your kicking him off the team you might as well start totally from scratch.

11 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

He could easily be the second highest returning scorer next year.  He has his moments, but if your kicking him off the team you might as well start totally from scratch.

Effort and attitude are the two only things an athlete can control. If he doesn't care to be on the ice why should I care for him to be on the team? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Effort and attitude are the two only things an athlete can control. If he doesn't care to be on the ice why should I care for him to be on the team? 

I completely agree with first statement.    I think the team is much better with him than without him.

25 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Well, there is decision making too......

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Yah, Rieger is getting crucified over his mistake when in all actuality, UND is lucky they even got it to overtime given all the grade A chances the team gave up and had to rely on Cam bailing them out. Yes, it was an incredibly dumb no look pass but he’s good enough to still be in today’s lineup. 

Heaven forbid a senior "National Championship " caliber level goalie bail out a freshman.

• Downvote 1