SiouxSports.com Forum

Ever since...

01grad

8 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

I think a technical school is also a form of education.  A 4-year bachelors isn't the right answer for everyone, despite this idea being shoved down kids throats for two decades now.  We are in desperate need of good people in the trades.   

Agreed.  Though it wouldn't bother me if everyone had to take a class to learn not to say "I seen."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Of my many pet peeves that one just might be numero uno. Probably because my mom is an English teacher....

As bad as it may have been in Grand Forks, Bismarck is 10X worse.  So count your lucky stars GF residents.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

As bad as it may have been in Grand Forks, Bismarck is 10X worse.  So count your lucky stars GF residents.

True fact! This runs through my head every time I hear it - When you say "I seen", I assume you won't finish that sentence with "the inside of a book". I see. I saw. I have seen. :blink:

• Upvote 1

On 3/16/2018 at 9:28 PM, geaux_sioux said:

The nickname won us 7 titles. The players were just along for the ride. 

And lest we forget not a single national championship came with the Bennett Brien logo. 

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Pathetically I intentionally say good instead of well because I hate when people say doing well with that pretentious smug sound.... they’re usually baristas or servers

Isn't that your typical barista as it is? 

So, I'm a VERY casual hockey fan.  In fact the only hockey I watch is UND hockey.  I've been a season ticket holder since 2006.  I've never played the sport, just been following UND since the mid-90's when I was student. 

Since the title of this thread is "Ever Since...", I'm just going to offer up that to my untrained eye it seems like that "Ever Since" Cary Eades left, this team has gotten softer every year.  It seems to me as if they've gotten less and less physical as the years go by.  For all my time following the program all I hear is how physicality is a hall mark of the team.  But I haven't seen it in the last 3-4 years as I have in the past.  

That, along with the fact that there seem to be no offensively skilled players on the roster right now is my perception of the program right now.

Again, this is coming from a football/basketball guy who goes to hockey games because its the cool thing to do.  So please, correct me if I am wrong.

6 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

So, I'm a VERY casual hockey fan.  In fact the only hockey I watch is UND hockey.  I've been a season ticket holder since 2006.  I've never played the sport, just been following UND since the mid-90's when I was student. 

Since the title of this thread is "Ever Since...", I'm just going to offer up that to my untrained eye it seems like that "Ever Since" Cary Eades left, this team has gotten softer every year.  It seems to me as if they've gotten less and less physical as the years go by.  For all my time following the program all I hear is how physicality is a hall mark of the team.  But I haven't seen it in the last 3-4 years as I have in the past.  

That, along with the fact that there seem to be no offensively skilled players on the roster right now is my perception of the program right now.

Again, this is coming from a football/basketball guy who goes to hockey games because its the cool thing to do.  So please, correct me if I am wrong.

I'm happy if we have guys like Caggiula and Patton over physical/instigators from a while ago, like Prpich.   This is a different game than it was 15 years ago, and the stick work and cross checking (even "finishing" checks) are just as likely to put you a man down as accomplish any kind of intimidation.  And I'm OK with that-- UND can  benefit from it.   We did in '16.  

We all want our team to play a physical game, but playing smart, with the new enforcement trend, is more important, IMO.   Prpich and even Hextall would fare less well in today's game.  They were fun to have, but that kind of play won't win a banner nowadays.  Give me speed, hustle, skill and smarts.  That will intimidate. 

• Like 1

Posters on this site....use the term 'hate' a lot....ie. ....hate "Woog, Lucia, Gophers, Sandelin, , St. Cloud State, NDSU, NCAA, Standing Rock. new logo, etc.........'haters' get a life....what is so wrong in your life that makes you so 'hate filled'....

I go to "Gopher Hole" every day....I never hear/read them talk about 'hating' UND.....rarely mention them....but then prolly only discuss things of relevance to U M!!!!!!

• Downvote 3

15 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Pathetically I intentionally say good instead of well because I hate when people say doing well with that pretentious smug sound.... they’re usually baristas or servers

Well good for you. 

;) 

9 minutes ago, John W. said:

Posters on this site....use the term 'hate' a lot....ie. ....hate "Woog, Lucia, Gophers, Sandelin, , St. Cloud State, NDSU, NCAA, Standing Rock. new logo, etc.........'haters' get a life....what is so wrong in your life that makes you so 'hate filled'....

I go to "Gopher Hole" every day....I never hear/read them talk about 'hating' UND.....rarely mention them....but then prolly only discuss things of relevance to U M!!!!!!

Speaking of "get a life"...

• Upvote 3