SiouxSports.com Forum

Ever since...

01grad

On 3/17/2018 at 9:31 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

All sports are suffering. It is a changing cultural dynamic, and cannot be traced to a singular cause, let alone a single franchise, venue, or event.

Some convenient places to direct your ire:

Phones - Nobody pays attention to anything, anywhere.  Especially 18-22 year olds.

Enhanced viewing options - HDTV was the ultimate game changer, right along with expanded cable offerings, subscription only services, home-to-mobile viewing, unlimited data plans for mobile devices., etc.

Cost - This is a no-brainer. Between ticket, parking, and concessions, attending live sporting events is expensive.

Competitive balance - Parity reigns supreme in many sports right now. Traditional powerhouses are struggling, some for the first time in a generation or more.

The future is not very bright. As college students fade away from interest in their own school's sports, those behaviors are likely to carry into adulthood and will have some effect on attendance at major pro events, many of which are already seeing diminished demand for tickets.

This. So annoying

There is the mental aspect of the game when opponents line up and if you don't have the same look and feel it might take some time to get that back again with intimidation that we have built up over the years with a little birdie on the front of our jerseys. Once people are seeing that we are beatable that can go a long way so we need to rebuild that again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, 01grad said:

There is the mental aspect of the game when opponents line up and if you don't have the same look and feel it might take some time to get that back again with intimidation that we have built up over the years with a little birdie on the front of our jerseys. Once people are seeing that we are beatable that can go a long way so we need to rebuild that again.

lol.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, 01grad said:

:blink:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 01grad said:

Do you even watch UND hockey?  We haven't had a logo on the front of our jerseys since 2012.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, 01grad said:

So people should have been outraged that UND got rid of the geometric logo on the jerseys from 2001-2012 since every year they had the Brien Sioux logo they never won a national title. I swear your hatred for that little birdie on the shoulder of the jersey is beyond laughable it’s pretty sad.

• Downvote 1

Sad is those that have multiple usernames on here endlessly trying to convince the supermajority that the new logo is even marginally palatable.

Sad is the pathetic state of the country and the NCAA that led to the policy being created.

Sad is the weak leadership that let this play on for 15 years instead of decisive  action.

Sad is the political theater that was used to promote individuals instead of solutions.

Sad is the ultrashhitty process of committes that spearheaded the processes of selection.

Sad is the result of all those years being a throw away effort by a NY firm in the pathetic and UNIVERSALLY ridiculed creation of that stupid little bird.

And its SAD that you keep spouting off belittling the 90% that view the above as true while pretending to hold onto this illogical belief that if you just keep saying it.... it has to be true.

Massive issues right now in society becaise smaller groups of people demand their lightly held opinions be heard and upheld, while the opposing opinions are deemed hateful and need to be banned. 

This is the problem holding back the future acceptance of a new direction,  but blind ignorance is standing in front of the light and empowering the chaos.

If you disagree fine... we can argue about it over a beer at the Ralph in ten years, come find me.... I'll be one of the 8'000 people still wearing a Figgting Sioux Legecy logo.

But you be you, you like the birdie..... I'm happy for you, go buy your little bird shirt and be proud...buy 2 or 3 or hell buy 20 they're 80% of at scheels!... cause the damn things don't even sell.....  

.... and that is sad.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Sad is those that have multiple usernames on here endlessly trying to convince the supermajority that the new logo is even marginally palatable.

Sad is the pathetic state of the country and the NCAA that led to the policy being created.

Sad is the weak leadership that let this play on for 15 years instead of decisive  action.

Sad is the political theater that was used to promote individuals instead of solutions.

Sad is the ultrashhitty process of committes that spearheaded the processes of selection.

Sad is the result of all those years being a throw away effort by a NY firm in the pathetic and UNIVERSALLY ridiculed creation of that stupid little bird.

And its SAD that you keep spouting off belittling the 90% that view the above as true while pretending to hold onto this illogical belief that if you just keep saying it.... it has to be true.

Massive issues right now in society becaise smaller groups of people demand their lightly held opinions be heard and upheld, while the opposing opinions are deemed hateful and need to be banned. 

This is the problem holding back the future acceptance of a new direction,  but blind ignorance is standing in front of the light and empowering the chaos.

If you disagree fine... we can argue about it over a beer at the Ralph in ten years, come find me.... I'll be one of the 8'000 people still wearing a Figgting Sioux Legecy logo.

But you be you, you like the birdie..... I'm happy for you, go buy your little bird shirt and be proud...buy 2 or 3 or hell buy 20 they're 80% of at scheels!... cause the damn things don't even sell.....  

.... and that is sad.

Are you done so you can hug your Sioux pillow and curse the little birdie for making the hockey team soft. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

.... and that is sad.

I like my bird shirt and bird hat. Stay in the past if you must. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, 01grad said:

That's far too stupid to be anything but a troll.   Speaking of getting our mojo back:  the trolling here has really become weak.   They used to intimidate. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I like my bird shirt and bird hat. Stay in the past if you must. 

And l like the clothes, jerseys, hats, and everything else I've invested thousands of dollars in. You can keep the Burlington Northern/USPS logo. I'll contemplate buying new when there's something that looks decent. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, snova4 said:

And l like the clothes, jerseys, hats, and everything else I've invested thousands of dollars in. You can keep the Burlington Northern/USPS logo. I'll contemplate buying new when there's something that looks decent. 

Just make sure to stay right, there are people passing in the left lane.

13 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Just make sure to stay right, there are people passing in the left lane.

Don't worry, l have no problem being passed by, by fans that think they hold some  sort of moral high ground over a couple logos on some hats. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, snova4 said:

Don't worry, l have no problem being passed by, by fans that think they hold some  sort of moral high ground over a couple logos on some hats. 

It’s not a moral high ground at all. I’m far from a pc crusader, I hate that !@#$ with a passion. I’d rather have a healthy athletic department and we couldn’t have that with the Sioux nickname anymore. So I moved on. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1