SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU @ the X - FRIDAY GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Says the guy who stole my wife and kids...I'll kick your a$$ next time I see you, Blackheart!*

*the above post is completely in jest and meant to lighten up this thread.  Any resemblance to actual persons - living or dead - is completely unintentional. 

Ahem.   Ahh . . . it wasn't exactly Blackheart, MM.  

You gotta understand . . .

10 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

But I was told before Hak left that everyone would be fine with 4 or 5 UMD-like dumpster fire seasons sprinkled in with an NCAA title once a decade...

Apparently that's not the case anymore.  Two years removed from a national championship, Berry needs to be fired, the roster needs to be gutted, we need a new nickname and logo on the jerseys, and REA needs to be imploded.  

My, my, my...

This is a reflection much more on how bad we wanted a Championship after falling short for so many years than it is on our tolerance for crap seasons.  

19 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

But I was told before Hak left that everyone would be fine with 4 or 5 UMD-like dumpster fire seasons sprinkled in with an NCAA title once a decade...

Apparently that's not the case anymore.  Two years removed from a national championship, Berry needs to be fired, the roster needs to be gutted, we need a new nickname and logo on the jerseys, and REA needs to be imploded.  

My, my, my...

What if I told you......there was an Olympian in a suit yesterday?

30 for 30 presents......Olympic shine to ride the pine.....this is Ludvig....

• Upvote 3

Can’t say I am surprised by the outcome last night. What I am more surprised about is our talent or lack there of and lineup decisions. I like Berry and Co and I hope this summer they can figure things out. We need players that can put the puck in the net and play a two way game. 

For the Hoff, Adams, Yon argument... There is the eye test and the stats.  Top 9 forwards were locked in.  After them, Simonson plays, despite not scoring, as he was not a defensive liability and his +/- clearly shows it.

The last two spots were really who won’t lose us the game more so than who will win us the game.  None of the options produced offensively relative to their defensive responsibility.

Johnson was decent in that regard, certainly as good as the other options.  The last spot between Bowen and the above seems to be a coin flip.  For positioning I suppose Bowen got the nod.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/stats/team/North-Dakota/40

22 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

For the Hoff, Adams, Yon argument... There is the eye test and the stats.  Top 9 forwards were locked in.  After them, Simonson plays, despite not scoring, as he was not a defensive liability and his +/- clearly shows it.

The last two spots were really who won’t lose us the game more so than who will win us the game.  None of the options produced offensively relative to their defensive responsibility.

Johnson was decent in that regard, certainly as good as the other options.  The last spot between Bowen and the above seems to be a coin flip.  For positioning I suppose Bowen got the nod.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/stats/team/North-Dakota/40

Who are your 9 locks? I'm truly interested in your answer.

Nevermind I figured it out...... you are giving a few guys a pretty long rope IMO.

Edited by Oxbow6

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

2016:  BEST COACH EVER!  Shoulda fired Hak about 5 years ago!

2018:  WORST COACH EVER!  Berry is running the program into the ground!

What about it?  The reality....recruiting is a bitch and part of "coaching".

The goal is to out score the opponent , maybe Adams and Hoff  are not quite as good on d but at least they have some puck skills. My fear is forwards will be turned off to Berry’s style ala Mike Eaves. I would blame Adams or Hoff if they left for greener pastures. Yes I know   You have to earn your spot and I have not seen anything that says Johnson should be playing forward in their place , put Olson back with simo and open up a spot for a forward.

The 6 guys with 18+ points (and not God awful +\- numbers). JJ and Smith (tied for 4th in +\- and at least some point) and Olsen (more points  and +\-) 

Not saying these guys are world beaters, but they deserve to play over the others.

Its not the be all end all, but on the stats link arrange it by +\-.

If I was an opposing coach frequently recruiting against UND, I would print this out thread and share it with all recruits to dissuade them from committing here.  Naming names is a mistake.  Can't blame the girl, we live in a culture that worships celebrities and rewards them with star-f*ckers.  Also, it's not like this is the only instance of teammates not being fond of one another.  During the natty year there were linemates that you could tell disliked one another by how they reacted to each other after their line scored.

As for the streak potentially ending, it's on borrowed time after the 13-14 season.  Luck be a lady tonight...

• Upvote 1

I just need to know how the gobc fixes all of this?  This is a big deal!!!!  College kids....and girls.....and instagram....and all this ferda....

Ohh, my three year old just gave himself permanent marker tattoos on his face....

#lifeissues....