SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU @ the X - FRIDAY GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Our nightly lineups used to be dotted with NHL logos all over the place. This years it’s 3 usually..... our team is like a fat chick with a bad personality.

Considering how our players who ARE drafted have performed most of the season  (outside of Wolanin), I don’t think this is as big of an issue as you might think. 

Our highest drafted player on this roster has gone invisible for long periods of time.  Its not about draft status. It’s about the failure of some players to take that step forward. If they had, we might not be having this discussion. 

SCSU is not exactly littered with draft picks and they’re doing okay. Because their experienced players took a step forward.

4 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Considering how our players who ARE drafted have performed most of the season  (outside of Wolanin), I don’t think this is as big of an issue as you might think. 

Our highest drafted player on this roster has gone invisible for long periods of time.  Its not about draft status. It’s about the failure of some players to take that step forward. If they had, we might not be having this discussion. 

SCSU is not exactly littered with draft picks and they’re doing okay. Because their experienced players took a step forward.

I’m as big of fan as any of the I drafted guys but when I see a roster lacking draft picks and talent and drive and chemistry and speed and toughness I can’t help but draw a correlation.

9 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I see it more as a Natty hangover, the hunger is just not high enough.  It was apparent in the Through These Doors when they were doting on winning it all 2 years ago.

It’s tough to handle winning titles as well as NDSU and Bama do in football. Gotta stay hungry.

Just now, Cratter said:

On the Sit Down and Cheer Podcast, Brock Boeser was asked who he was going to miss most and least on the UND hockey team.

Gersich was the least...you can decide for himself how much he was joking or not.

I remember that. Pretty sure Bowen Johnson jones and peski all live together , heard there was a party after a big game and someone caught gersich with Bowen’s (ex) girlfriend. Wonder how much drama these boys have 

7 minutes ago, Johnsiouxfanforever said:

I heard it’s gersich 

It may have been at one time but now it's Jones. Thats where the fists started. Let's just say she is a big fan of the TEAM...

Too bad guys let that stuff rot a team or a friendship...but that thing has amazing power, and always will. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bigskyvikes said:

It may have been at one time but now it's Jones. Thats where the fists started. Let's just say she is a big fan of the TEAM...

Too bad guys let that stuff rot a team or a friendship...but that thing has amazing power, and always will. 

She was banned from speaking to anyone on the team right after the big brawl with gersich when teammates cause him with his ex they called him out and it was a big issue, thought gersich was going to get suspended 

Just now, Johnsiouxfanforever said:

She was banned from speaking to anyone on the team right after the big brawl with gersich when teammates cause him with his ex they called him out and it was a big issue, thought gersich was going to get suspended 

Well he did punch his teammate who had to get stitches, probably should have been suspended. 

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

Well he did punch his teammate who had to get stitches, probably should have been suspended. 

I heard about that. Never thought it actually happened. Wow stitches. Rumour I heard was jones and peski walked in a room and saw and called gersich out and they were all drinking and gersich got up and punched him 

• Downvote 1