SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. SCSU @ the X - FRIDAY GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

Here's a scary thought, seniors will be gone, Gersich will be gone, Wolanin will be gone, potentially Poolman. Next year's team is not looking promising at all unless major changes can be made or incoming freshmen perform way above a freshman level. Also, Shaw needs to be gone. Too many years now has the PP looked like utter trash. 

All 3 St. Cloud goals came after failed opportunities for UND to clear the zone. I've said for weeks I'm not at all comfortable with Rieger on the ice and would rather have Johnson in back there and another forward up front. Rieger is what he is a 8th/9th d-man that can play physical. He gets caught out of position for opportunities and isn't a good decision maker. The play in OT from him is just ridiculously weak though, decent pewee players are smart enough to not make that stupid play. If this one ultimately ends the streak that play fits with how the season was. Cam was great and gave us the chance we needed.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

Are you kidding?!!!  The only reason we were in this is he pulled the Captain down to the third line mid - game.... the man is a god....

Purely conjecture.....but we will see about his recruiting skills next year. Good teams reload...and reload which we had done in a 10 year span despite early departure to the pros.  Hopefully we'll see a much-improved product next year

Berry is a good coach and he shouldn’t go anywhere.  Shaw on the other hand has been shown to be a liability and should be shown the door.  It’s a shame that UND could have had a very good chance at beating a more skilled clown team but one brain fart (putting it lightly) by Reiger sank the ship.  I still am in awe why he would make such a stupid no look pass in that situation. 

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

Um, honestly, they've underperformed miserably in big games. 

Doesn’t matter how they played, that has zero impact on teams wanting to sign their draft picks. Gardner may leave too. Guys don’t always have to be a honey candidate to be a flight risk.

4 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

No, thats stupid talk.

Now whoever was in charge of the PP.

Thats  fair.

I run a better power play with my peewee team. Pathetic. Feel bad for Rieger. Happened right in front of us. I’m yelling ring the boards as I saw the SCSU player coming down on him. Lot of blame to go around besides him. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

Um, honestly, they've underperformed miserably in big games. 

True but they also have been a good chunk of production. We'll have Jones back and what else? Mismash was horribly inconsistent, Bast had a moment here or there, Kawaguchi showed occasional promise but that's it.