SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 March Madness

UND92

5 hours ago, dmksioux said:

SDSU giving Ohio St. all they can handle.

just out of curiosity, would UND be eligible for any of the NCAA money from the Summit should SDSU win? I’m guessing the answer is no.

Most conferences share equally among members in their Big Dance revenue.  Once you are a participating member, you get an equal share, even from games that occurred before membership occurred.  If a conference member leaves, they forever  forfeit their share, even if they were the team responsible for part of it.  The one exception is ihat if a conference disbands, the teams that had a bid or won get all the money from that year.

Some conferences give bigger portions to the teams that got bids or dance wins, but that is an exception.  Haven’t heard that the Summit does it that way.  UND will be getting more from the Summit than the Big Sky because the Summit has fewer teams and one NDSU win added slightly to the pot.

9 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

It happened.

a 16 beat a 1

They didn’t just beat them, they smoked them...by 20 points.  It was a fun and tough game to watch at the same time.  Fun because of the way UMBC played and tough to watch because watching the #1 seed overall fall apart like Virginia, did all while they were knowingly making “history” with the loss.

On 3/22/2018 at 8:11 PM, sprig said:

Loyola to the elite 8

Good D2 game today tough loss fo Northern. 5pm Loyola Carson Shanks gotta be happy for him if he’s happy. Looks like he is. Get your towel out your never to old to learn  that art.

• Upvote 1

Since this is the March Madness thread. With the Grand Am going on in GF an article in the Herald  today caught my eye. Gov. Doug Bergum is still playing amateur BB. Way to go Doug. He is just a couple years younger than me and I haven't played for 7 years or so. Him still playing makes me want to make a comeback. Drop a few pounds I think I could still do it.

15 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Since this is the March Madness thread. With the Grand Am going on in GF an article in the Herald  today caught my eye. Gov. Doug Bergum is still playing amateur BB. Way to go Doug. He is just a couple years younger than me and I haven't played for 7 years or so. Him still playing makes me want to make a comeback. Drop a few pounds I think I could still do it.

My guess is Doug is slipping the opposing teams some Benjamin's to make sure he gets a free lane to the rim whenever he wants! 

The two matchups today

Nova vs TTU

Nova is the best team left in the tournament and showed against West Virginia that they have an 2nd gear that most teams left in the field just don't have. TTU has a great defense that has gotten them farther than any team in their history, the question will be can their defense do enough to keep their offense in the game?

I think Nova will be too much 

Duke vs KU

If you are looking for a blueblood heavyweight fight, then turn your attention to Omaha.  Two great coaches (K vs Self), two of the best players in the nation (Bagley III vs Graham).  KU is the more veteran team, Duke is the more talented team, but they are freshman. To me, it comes down to how well Duke plays defense and how well their most hated player since Laettner plays.  If Duke has both things going, they are advancing. If not, its Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

Expect a classic, with Duke moving on with a buzzer beater. 

26 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

My guess is Doug is slipping the opposing teams some Benjamin's to make sure he gets a free lane to the rim whenever he wants! 

He’s top 5 richest NoDaks ya I suppose Doug gets the ball passed to him.

8 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

The two matchups today

Nova vs TTU

Nova is the best team left in the tournament and showed against West Virginia that they have an 2nd gear that most teams left in the field just don't have. TTU has a great defense that has gotten them farther than any team in their history, the question will be can their defense do enough to keep their offense in the game?

I think Nova will be too much 

Duke vs KU

If you are looking for a blueblood heavyweight fight, then turn your attention to Omaha.  Two great coaches (K vs Self), two of the best players in the nation (Bagley III vs Graham).  KU is the more veteran team, Duke is the more talented team, but they are freshman. To me, it comes down to how well Duke plays defense and how well their most hated player since Laettner plays.  If Duke has both things going, they are advancing. If not, its Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

Expect a classic, with Duke moving on with a buzzer beater. 

so_close____by_rober_raik-d4cly4b.png