SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2018

cberkas

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, siouxfan512 said:

Sounding like Motzko to the Gophers. It will be interesting to see how that translates to some of the Husky talent staying or going pro.

Whether I could sign and go pro or come back for another season,  I would be mad as hell that my coach went to the dreaded hated in-state rival rodents.

52 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

Whether I could sign and go pro or come back for another season,  I would be mad as hell that my coach went to the dreaded hated in-state rival rodents.

I mean it sucks for the players and fans, but I don't see how anyone can legitimately be upset at Motzko, or not understand the move. Motko is a coach, not a fan, this is his job. He is making a career move for himself. Now I don't care for Gopher Hockey, but the money and resources will be better for him at the U.

As a player, I'm sure there is some disappointment, and any frustration they have towards the move, they can leave out on the ice when the teams play, but if we was a good coach to these guys then I'm sure they will understand why he is leaving. I know if someone offered me a 30-40% raise (arbitrary number, I've no clue of the real number) I would be gone, even if I really liked my current position. Money talks, and so does opportunity. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

I mean it sucks for the players and fans, but I don't see how anyone can legitimately be upset at Motzko, or not understand the move. Motko is a coach, not a fan, this is his job. He is making a career move for himself. Now I don't care for Gopher Hockey, but the money and resources will be better for him at the U.

As a player, I'm sure there is some disappointment, and any frustration they have towards the move, they can leave out on the ice when the teams play, but if we was a good coach to these guys then I'm sure they will understand why he is leaving. I know if someone offered me a 30-40% raise (arbitrary number, I've no clue of the real number) I would be gone, even if I really liked my current position. Money talks, and so does opportunity. 

You are correct but with all that being said, I can understand how they players may take it personally. It hurts when others look for greener pastures. It doesn't always work out but Motzko will find that out sooner or later whether he made the right move.

12 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

My SCSU buddy thinks any more departures from them would be surprising... sounds like Borgen and Eyssimont were expected. 

I would be flabbergasted if schuldt didn’t leave...best player on their team.

On 3/28/2018 at 3:10 PM, crb1 said:

You are correct but with all that being said, I can understand how they players may take it personally. It hurts when others look for greener pastures. It doesn't always work out but Motzko will find that out sooner or later whether he made the right move.

Yes kids will be upset.  But this move was pretty obvious.  His salary was almost doubled and he gets to coach at a flagship school.  Also, living in Minny has its benefits over SCSU.  Also, can’t fogrt that wayzata CC membership.

17 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I would be flabbergasted if schuldt didn’t leave...best player on their team.

Schuldt staying would be a little surprising as he turns 23 in May. He is in a situation where he probably has offers from half the league or better and if he has a good senior season and avoids injury that won't change. His brother plays for the Force and has committed to playing for UNO next year.

Jackson isn't even 21 yet so he should be back as an undrafted free agent.

Ryan Poehling will probably be back for his Junior season as he is only 19 and I believe he had accelerated his learning to arrive a year early.

New coach in St. Cloud could walk into a pretty good set-up for next year.

12 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Could we get someone to apply for the job with a variation of "Chuck the Pigskin"?

Shoot the Rubber?

12 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

"Bury the biscuit." 

Stretch the twine? 

For St. Cloud State......?

Teach the dive..

Whine and cry...

Bounce the check...

Spend into deficit.....

Calculate the genders....

keep safe the snowflakes......