SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2018

cberkas

Kids in the NHL... trash talking thw kid or program doesnt really mean much anymore... 

I mean ... hes in the NHL. good on him.... wish I would have had that much talent to make it... I vant do a pull up either now probly...

Who cares. Move on.... lets find next years Pull up hero or scooter crasher.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Kids in the NHL... trash talking thw kid or program doesnt really mean much anymore... 

I mean ... hes in the NHL. good on him.... wish I would have had that much talent to make it... I vant do a pull up either now probly...

Who cares. Move on.... lets find next years Pull up hero or scooter crasher.

I'll settle for lawn mower tossing at this point...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Denver's Dylan Gambrell signs his entry-level deal with San Jose. "We believe his speed, combined with his high-end hockey IQ, make him ready to be an NHL player," said Sharks GM Doug Wilson.

On the college commitment page that I referenced, DU has 10 recruits for this coming fall.  Not sure of their quality, but hard to expect DU will be as highly regarded this coming season with all of their potential player losses.  If Montgomery has any aspirations of going to the NHL, now may be the time to explore any opportunities.

12 minutes ago, fsioux said:

On the college commitment page that I referenced, DU has 10 recruits for this coming fall.  Not sure of their quality, but hard to expect DU will be as highly regarded this coming season with all of their potential player losses.  If Montgomery has any aspirations of going to the NHL, now may be the time to explore any opportunities.

He could take over for the Avs.

22 minutes ago, brianvf said:

SCSU will have to lose more than Borgen if they're going to drop.  They return a lot currently...they'll be good again.
Unless the suffer from the DU-drop like the Pios did this year after returning everyone.

as long as they have mr potato head they aint doing squat (in the postseason)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Walsh Hall said:

I don’t understand the CM hate.  Lanky guys suck at pull-ups.  I guess you can bash Gretzky’s attitude for not lifting and saying he’s never seen a barbell score a goal.

I’m not sure what is more astounding here, that you are making a comparison between Gretzky and Mittlestadt, or that you are insinuating the game is the same now as it was then.

Plenty of comments and compliments on CM’s talent, but how can you not understand criticism of a high potential HS athlete that can’t do a pull up? It tells me he hasn’t put in the work that many others are willing to put in. It’s a character thing. Kid got by purely on talent which was fine for HS, but it’ll catch up with him. Had he put in some time in the weight room (which is beneficial and necessary in today’s game) imagine what he could have been as a freshman.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

I can't imagine any 18 yr old athlete unable to do multiple pull ups, is there any possible scenario where he would have tanked that portion?

What I heard is that it was an alignment issue. They fixed that and he started getting better at the pull ups.  However, he definitely bigger now than he was during the combine (judging by those pictures).

22 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Based on what I saw this weekend, they could very easily have won 2 games.

My point was we could have very well have been having this conversation 4 years ago about the 2014 team, but things went their way and they started the string of 3 straight Frozen Four’s that ended with the Natty. 

I get ya.

3 hours ago, cberkas said:

Flyers fans want Hak fired 24/7 so there's the Flyers. ;)

Most annoying fan base around. Gave Hak no credit for making the playoffs two years ago, blamed him for last years poor season, and has given him no credit for this years turnaround. I want him to be well cause I really like the guy but I don't want the fan base to have any happiness.

12 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Most annoying fan base around. Gave Hak no credit for making the playoffs two years ago, blamed him for last years poor season, and has given him no credit for this years turnaround. I want him to be well cause I really like the guy but I don't want the fan base to have any happiness.

Sounds vaguely like another fan base Hak has coached for. 

• Upvote 1

Philly sports fans are among the meanest, nastiness in all of sports.

Problem is Philadelphia is a major market.  1/2 of the teams make the playoffs every year.  His first year at Philly was solid.  Last year was not.  This year Philly is solid again but not great.  This isn't college where the locals will just keep patting him on the head and say wait til next year.  The results he has had would be fine if he was in Buffalo, Carolina, Florida, etc, but won't keep him behind the bench in Philly for long.