Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
cberkas

Early Departures 2018

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

Any word on Borgstrom or Terry yet?

:D

Well they aren't like Boeser and sign the minute he gets off the ice after his team is eliminated.

  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:42 PM, siouxforce19 said:

If this team would have snuck into the tourney like the 2014 team and won 2 games to get to the Frozen Four like that team, we’re not even talking about what a “poor” year it was. 

.....

Well, of course not...but they didn't.  And had they snuck into the tourney it's not a given by any means they would have won two straight, which rarely happened following Christmas (heck, I don't think we beat any avg/mediocre teams two straight).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GDPritch said:

Well, of course not...but they didn't.  And had they snuck into the tourney it's not a given by any means they would have won two straight, which rarely happened following Christmas (heck, I don't think we beat any avg/mediocre teams two straight).

Question-had UND snuck into the tournament, who do you think would’ve been the #1 seed in the Sioux Falls regional? My guess is SCSU would’ve been shipped east. Perhaps Cornell would’ve been in Sioux Falls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Question-had UND snuck into the tournament, who do you think would’ve been the #1 seed in the Sioux Falls regional? My guess is SCSU would’ve been shipped east. Perhaps Cornell would’ve been in Sioux Falls?

Ohio State would’ve been in Sioux Falls. They’d keep Cornell east. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Question-had UND snuck into the tournament, who do you think would’ve been the #1 seed in the Sioux Falls regional? My guess is SCSU would’ve been shipped east. Perhaps Cornell would’ve been in Sioux Falls?

Notre Dame or Ohio State.

Notre Dame was #2 overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Well, of course not...but they didn't.  And had they snuck into the tourney it's not a given by any means they would have won two straight, which rarely happened following Christmas (heck, I don't think we beat any avg/mediocre teams two straight).

Based on what I saw this weekend, they could very easily have won 2 games.

My point was we could have very well have been having this conversation 4 years ago about the 2014 team, but things went their way and they started the string of 3 straight Frozen Four’s that ended with the Natty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2018 at 2:50 PM, Irish said:

I don't think you can snap your fingers at all - I think it takes a lot of hard work and good player evaluation by the coaching staff who need to sell our program.  We do have some things to help us sell however.  We have the strongest fan base in the country both at home and on the road.  We have the finest arena and live in an area where hockey is king.  We have a proven record of developing NHL players and lots of NHL alumni to sing our praises.  We have a proven record of championships.  We are the team of Parise, Oshie, Toews, Stafford, and Boesser.  We should be in as strong a recruiting position as any team in the country.  Again, I think it takes much hard work, but that is a large part of our coaching staff's jobs.

It’s all about recruiting. Really, it is. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

We don't seem to get many recruit from Thunder Bay any more?

I don’t think we get many recruits from Ontario in general also. We’ve gotten Caggiula from there and Peski, but aside from that, it’s tailed off in Ontario. 

Harder with the OHL so prevalent there, and the junior A leagues aren’t as good as like the BCHL and AJHL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schloss is reporting expected signings out of DU

Borgstrom

Terry

Gambrell

Hillman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Schloss is reporting expected signings out of DU

Borgstrom

Terry

Gambrell

Hillman

Those four plus Hammond, Junda, Plant and Jaillet... that's some big losses. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see Lukosevichius go, either. BIG drop off from Lukosevicius (21 g, 34 pts) to the next scoring leader after top 3. Staub is next with 22 pts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Those four plus Hammond, Junda, Plant and Jaillet... that's some big losses. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see Lukosevichius go, either. BIG drop off from Lukosevicius (21 g, 34 pts) to the next scoring leader after top 3. Staub is next with 22 pts. 

Junda’s leaving too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Godsmack said:

Junda’s leaving too?

I didn’t realize he was a senior already.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I don’t think we get many recruits from Ontario in general also. We’ve gotten Caggiula from there and Peski, but aside from that, it’s tailed off in Ontario. 

Harder with the OHL so prevalent there, and the junior A leagues aren’t as good as like the BCHL and AJHL. 

That is one of my biggest recruiting questions. Many of the Hockey East schools and ECHA schools recruit western Canada hard, and also get some Minnesotans. Why doesn't UND recruit Ontario much or even out East? Is it because of the competition for recruits, economics, or just the fact that the Junior A leagues are not as strong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone give a comparable to this Denver team losing this much talent in one season? I'm not sure I've ever seen that many high end players go in one year (draft or graduation). I'm sure they will still find a way to be competitive next year, Montgomery (as much as I dislike the guy) has done some pretty impressive things with that program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Can anyone give a comparable to this Denver team losing this much talent in one season? I'm not sure I've ever seen that many high end players go in one year (draft or graduation). I'm sure they will still find a way to be competitive next year, Montgomery (as much as I dislike the guy) has done some pretty impressive things with that program.

Unless Monty leaves too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Can anyone give a comparable to this Denver team losing this much talent in one season? I'm not sure I've ever seen that many high end players go in one year (draft or graduation). I'm sure they will still find a way to be competitive next year, Montgomery (as much as I dislike the guy) has done some pretty impressive things with that program.

Us after the 2016 season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Us after the 2016 season.

Duluth last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DU fans should consider themselves lucky with the talent that returned for this season. That’s probably why they’ll be hit the hardest now given many of these guys could’ve left early last year but chose to come back. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MinnSioux said:

Mittelstadt signs. Yippee!

As much as I like to rag on the kid, once he matures physically, he will be a really solid player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

As much as I like to rag on the kid, once he matures physically, he will be a really solid player.

Again, I saw him two weekends ago.  He’s a big kid.  Supposedly he had something wrong with him during the combine last year.  I know the responses this comment will get on here but whatever.  The kid I saw two weekends ago could definitely do a pull up...as well as play in the nhl right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×