SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2018

cberkas

44 minutes ago, jk said:

Congratulations to Gersich.  He can skate like the wind, which is not a bad place to start if you want to reach the NHL. 

Yeah, losing him and Poganski on a team that already wasn’t real fast will hurt. Robby Jackson talking about UND having to catch them before they could punish them physically says there is a little discrepancy in speed between St. Cloud and UND.

4 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

LOL he stopped playing with two NHL players. Do you even LIKE this team? Try a positive thought every once in awhile.

We've had proven success of developing NHL and pro players over decades. Your example seems to be an outlier and a kind of silly one, I might add.

He probably didn’t like guys like Boeser, Oshie or Toews either. You know, the underachievers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Yeah, losing him and Poganski on a team that already wasn’t real fast will hurt. Robby Jackson talking about UND having to catch them before they could punish them physically says there is a little discrepancy in speed between St. Cloud and UND.

I guess Air Force must have caught St. Cloud.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, fsioux said:

I guess Air Force must have caught St. Cloud.

The rope-a-dope only works if you have a goalie play out of his head and one team miss a ton of golden opportunities.  Would guess if they spend 2/3 of the game in their end the next game the odds may catch up with them.

1 minute ago, tnt said:

The rope-a-dope only works if you have a goalie play out of his head and one team miss a ton of golden opportunities.  Would guess if they spend 2/3 of the game in their end the next game the odds may catch up with them.

Not to mention blocking a ton of shots. Lots of ice packs being used tonight.

Does the fact St. Cloud’s season ends before the Frozen Four increase the odds of guys leaving early?  The fact that they could see ice time before the NHL regular season is over has got to make it more attractive, especially if they can burn a year on their initial contract.  

1 hour ago, tnt said:

#hotgoalieruleonlyappliestoNoDak

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, tnt said:

Say what you will about AF but they were outstanding in a number of areas. Their defensive stick work and tenacity along the boards was a joy to watch. I wish UND was that good. They outplayed SC in the first but got badly outplayed in the second. AF stepped it up in the third but still got outplayed by a bit. I have a feeling AF will be tired tonight. 

4 hours ago, iluvdebbies said:

No one knows where they're at.....but Monty said after the game he was sure they would have a good reason for not showing up for the regional final.

With 4 seniors, and some early departures, DU might be rebuilding a more physical team? Ohio State took them to the wood shed.

Edited by BarnWinterSportsEngelstad
4 seniors

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:42 PM, siouxforce19 said:

If this team would have snuck into the tourney like the 2014 team and won 2 games to get to the Frozen Four like that team, we’re not even talking about what a “poor” year it was. 

Well, of course not...but they didn't.  And had they snuck into the tourney it's not a given by any means they would have won two straight, which rarely happened following Christmas (heck, I don't think we beat any avg/mediocre teams two straight).

1 minute ago, GDPritch said:

Well, of course not...but they didn't.  And had they snuck into the tourney it's not a given by any means they would have won two straight, which rarely happened following Christmas (heck, I don't think we beat any avg/mediocre teams two straight).

Question-had UND snuck into the tournament, who do you think would’ve been the #1 seed in the Sioux Falls regional? My guess is SCSU would’ve been shipped east. Perhaps Cornell would’ve been in Sioux Falls?