SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 NCHC Frozen Faceoff

Cratter

Well I did not attend the fan fest but I did bring the family down to The X for Friday's game.  So glad the games are not in Target Center anymore; love the X.  Here are a few observations...

- This is a hockey arena so the ice is good and the sight-lines are very good

-   My family did not have to endure a full body cavity search to get into the arena like we did to get into Target Center

-  When I left my seat to get a beer or beers for our group I did not have to show my ticket every time to be allowed to return to my seat

- There were not missing railings on the the steps to get to our seats like there were in Target Center.    Much better to get my parents who are their mid-70s safely to their seats.

- When I purchased tickets I asked to sit in a section the Visiting team shoots at twice,  and they put me in the wrong end of the arena.  Shame on you X; this is  your job!  You have to be better than this.

- Parking was easy; RiverCentre ramp right next to arena

- Fleet Farm sign making tables were awesome!  Big ups to the NCHC on this!

- Suggestion to the X...when a team brings their band to the arena, let them play!  Stop playing your pre-programmed music over the top of my school's fight song!

- Glad we are back at the X!!!

4 hours ago, Blackheart said:

- When I purchased tickets I asked to sit in a section the Visiting team shoots at twice,  and they put me in the wrong end of the arena.  Shame on you X; this is  your job!  You have to be better than this.

How was that decided. The visiting bench (ND's) and D end was in opposite ends each night. We took care of that Saturday by moving end to end. After the pregame ticket check, they let you sit in any open seat.

7 hours ago, Blackheart said:

I, too, purchased tickets for the end the visitors shoot at twice.  Logic being, we were the lowest seed, so would be "visitors" in both games.  Friday, it was the wrong end.  Saturday, it was the right one.  I don't put that on the X - there was something else in play to decide ends, I just don't know what.

17 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Which is why Minnesota FANS didn't like being forced to leave the WCHA. And for one of the few times in my life, I was on their side on something.

I fixed your post because Don and the administration were not against it. 

On 3/18/2018 at 1:04 AM, Blackheart said:

Well I did not attend the fan fest but I did bring the family down to The X for Friday's game.  So glad the games are not in Target Center anymore; love the X.  Here are a few observations...

- This is a hockey arena so the ice is good and the sight-lines are very good

-   My family did not have to endure a full body cavity search to get into the arena like we did to get into Target Center

-  When I left my seat to get a beer or beers for our group I did not have to show my ticket every time to be allowed to return to my seat

- There were not missing railings on the the steps to get to our seats like there were in Target Center.    Much better to get my parents who are their mid-70s safely to their seats.

- Parking was easy; RiverCentre ramp right next to arena

- Fleet Farm sign making tables were awesome!  Big ups to the NCHC on this!

- Suggestion to the X...when a team brings their band to the arena, let them play!  Stop playing your pre-programmed music over the top of my school's fight song!

- Glad we are back at the X!!!

One thing I missed from the TC...the 612 Lounge!  0 bathroom line, and 0 beer line are hard to beat!  Too bad the X didn't have anything comparable unless you wanted to sit on the glass.