Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Cratter

2018 NCHC Frozen Faceoff

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

image.png.e0cce47683a167be3be678570c397310.png

I left the Ralph this weekend so frickin' optimistic. Hell... why the eff not, eh?!?!?

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I left the Ralph this weekend so frickin' optimistic. Hell... why the eff not, eh?!?!?

I was pretty optimistic as well. Not because we won (yes, happy about that), but HOW we won. Just like I was not just upset about our losses over the past two months, but the manner in which we were losing. This team is finding a way to play together and develop some chemistry. I want to see a big weekend out of Jones, consistent play from Poolman, Bowen continue to return to form, and Kawaguchi take a big step forward.... oh, and I wouldn't mind a top notch Cam Johnson either. Those would be my players to watch for the weekend. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was truly a team effort over the weekend and if this team continues to gel good things could happen. Let's go win this damn thing!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snova4 said:

 EXACTLY! Don't think for one second that the other 3 teams in St. Paul this weekend wouldn't love to be the ones to end UND's season. 

I agree with your love, but will they be at their best? I just don't see us beating two of these teams on this Friday-Saturday with them playing all out. And, ties don't work anymore.

Hoping for somewhat of a let up from the Clowns and then whoever on Saturday? Point being here, I've been in games when you don't have to win, maybe there's not the same energy. I'll take that little edge? I would venture to say that our focus during practice this week is going to be a little more subtle than that of the other three teams? I really feel we need to win two (as does Coach Berry) and we will have a good opportunity to do that. All these odds on this board so far are Pairwise numbers, nothing extra going into the analysis like a bookie would interject. What other issues are on this table? The Hawks will want the wins more so and the recent past does play in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No upper deck this time?  Seems like they've really jacked up the prices.  Club level used to be the same price as the upper deck.  At least it was back in the 06-07 time period.  Now, unless you want to pay $72 you have to sit on the corners or ends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigGreyAnt41 said:

No upper deck this time?  Seems like they've really jacked up the prices.  Club level used to be the same price as the upper deck.  At least it was back in the 06-07 time period.  Now, unless you want to pay $72 you have to sit on the corners or ends.

I like that the NCHC wants the fans in the lower bowl. When the tournament gets more people then start to sell the upper deck.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else having trouble buying tickets online? I keep getting the "Another fan bought those tickets" message, then it moves me to another row in the same price and it keeps happening over and over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Anyone else having trouble buying tickets online? I keep getting the "Another fan bought those tickets" message, then it moves me to another row in the same price and it keeps happening over and over.

That happened to me last week. A buddy told me he couldn’t get tickets on his phone and had to get on the computer to get to their website but that didn’t work for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure about the app on Roku, Apple TV, etc., but on iOS, the CBS Sports app allows you to log in with a selection of cable providers:

Notably, this includes DirecTV Now, fuboTV, hulu, PlayStation Vue, and Youtube TV, which all should have free trials available if you do not currently get CBS Sports Network. 

IMG_2316.PNG

IMG_2317.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I agree with your love, but will they be at their best? I just don't see us beating two of these teams on this Friday-Saturday with them playing all out. And, ties don't work anymore.

Hoping for somewhat of a let up from the Clowns and then whoever on Saturday? Point being here, I've been in games when you don't have to win, maybe there's not the same energy. I'll take that little edge? I would venture to say that our focus during practice this week is going to be a little more subtle than that of the other three teams? I really feel we need to win two (as does Coach Berry) and we will have a good opportunity to do that. All these odds on this board so far are Pairwise numbers, nothing extra going into the analysis like a bookie would interject. What other issues are on this table? The Hawks will want the wins more so and the recent past does play in!

If that's the case, then we absolutely will have to win twice because Harvard, BC and BU will have more to play for than their counterparts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

FINALLY!  So can we now complain about the "Bulldog Rule" and how the attendance-boosting North Dakota vs St Cloud State game should be the 7:08 pm start-time?  

We are probably much better off playing the early game.  If we lose Friday night, we absolutely need to win the 3rd place game Saturday.  Would need some hslp as well, but I would rather play an absolute must win game with more rest against a Duluth or Denver team that was playing at 10:30 the night before when we were done at 7.  

Win or lose Friday, we should all be cheering for a double OT game in the late game!! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Rooting for triple overtime in the Denver-Dulute game. 

Just TRIPLE-OT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

That happened to me last week. A buddy told me he couldn’t get tickets on his phone and had to get on the computer to get to their website but that didn’t work for me. 

Yeah, we ended up just getting single-day tickets for both Fri and Sat. Paid like $15 more overall. No biggy. Just annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Anyone else having trouble buying tickets online? I keep getting the "Another fan bought those tickets" message, then it moves me to another row in the same price and it keeps happening over and over.

I was having that problem when trying to buy weekend tickets, now that the single day seats are on sale.  They show open, but someone has bought Friday night's seats so it fails when you try to buy the weekend.  You can just keep searching until one hits (like I did), or buy tickets for each day separately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, siouxforcefans said:

I was having that problem when trying to buy weekend tickets, now that the single day seats are on sale.  They show open, but someone has bought Friday night's seats so it fails when you try to buy the weekend.  You can just keep searching until one hits (like I did), or buy tickets for each day separately.

Yup, we did that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Rooting for triple overtime in the Denver-Dulute game. 

I think we should probably also be rooting for Duluth in that game if we lose Friday afternoon.

First, there are scenarios out there where Duluth gets bounced from the tournament with two losses, so they will be aware of that.

Second, Denver and Montgomery have shown a willingness to basically sandbag the consolation game to rest their top players.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SJHovey said:

I think we should probably also be rooting for Duluth in that game if we lose Friday afternoon.

First, there are scenarios out there where Duluth gets bounced from the tournament with two losses, so they will be aware of that.

Second, Denver and Montgomery have shown a willingness to basically sandbag the consolation game to rest their top players.

If presented to us, those are the type of things we have to take advantage of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tnt said:

If that's the case, then we absolutely will have to win twice because Harvard, BC and BU will have more to play for than their counterparts. 

We don't want to win one and hang around for the 25% chance left to get to Sioux Falls.

Those teams you mentioned will absolutely be motivated, and we need to take advantage of anything given us and win two! We can do it, we seem to be peaking!

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a few asking about streaming CBS Sports.  Just sign up for a free 7 day trial at FUBOTV.  You have to enter credit card but you wont be charged if you cancel before the trial is over.  I've watched all UND's CBS Sports games this year doing this with different email accounts each time.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone explain to me, how on ticketbastard, it appears the all session tickets are nearly sold out. But when you look at the single session tickets there are lots of empty seats? How can the single session seats be available if the full session seats are sold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Can someone explain to me, how on ticketbastard, it appears the all session tickets are nearly sold out. But when you look at the single session tickets there are lots of empty seats? How can the single session seats be available if the full session seats are sold?

LOL, I call it that too! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×