SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 NCHC Frozen Faceoff

Cratter

The UND hockey team has punched their ticket.

DX-xioeVAAAS4wl.png

Now get yours:

2018 FROZEN FACEOFF
All-SESSION/SINGLE-DAY SESSION
TICKET PRICES

• On the Glass* - $385 (all-session only)
  • Lower level & Club level sides - $140/$75
  • Lower level & Club level corners - $95/$50
  • Club level ends - $85/$45
  • Lower level ends – lower rows $75/$40
  • Lower level ends – upper rows $55/$30
  • *On the Glass tickets receive seats in the first row of the 100-level sections plus access to the Audi quattro Club during the tournament with complimentary beer, wine, soda and food.

DXf0r_dVQAEsVG5.jpg

How does the debate about whether UND plays the early or late game Friday go again?

....I should know this by now.

Despite the early games being coveted by the teams, I remember Minneapolis townies on here complaining about having to work while UND is playing.

FAN EVENTS
In addition to the games, several fan events are planned around Frozen Faceoff weekend, including a Fan Skate, NCHC Awards Celebration, NCHC Fan Fest and brewery tour. Frozen Faceoff team practices will be open to the public on Thursday, March 15 and Friday, March 16. The NCHC Fan Skate will take place on the night of March 15 from 7-8:30 p.m. CT at Xcel Energy Center. Fan Fest, featuring music, interactive games, food and drink, and much more, will take place both days of the Frozen Faceoff across W. 7th Street from Xcel Energy Center. A complete listing of fan events can be found on Frozen Faceoff Live.

NCHC CRAFT BREWERY TOUR

Hosted by Experience the Twin Cities

Tour Operates:
Thursday, March 15 - 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Friday, March 16 –  noon – 3 p.m.

Saturday, March 17 – noon – 3 p.m.

Join Twin Cities Brewery Tours for an afternoon or evening of fun and experience the craft beer boom in Saint Paul! We have some amazing breweries lined up that are the latest and hoppin' places in town that you CAN’T easily walk to from Xcel Energy Center. We have partnered with the NCHC to give you the opportunity to taste flagship, seasonal and local favorites on these tours. Have a great time on our unique transportation and don't worry about the hassle of transportation in between breweries.

Breweries featured include Bad Weather Brewing Company, Flat Earth Brewing Company, and Summit Brewing Company.

What's Included:
Sample local craft beer – one full pint at each location included
Snacks on the bus

Bottled water on the bus

Cooler to store your growlers

Fun and knowledgeable tour guide that will show you a great time and help select your craft beer.

Convenient pick up and drop off location across from Xcel Energy Center (at NCHC Fan Fest on W. 7th Street).

Professional driver

Unique transportation featuring our incredibly fun, open-air bus or our brand new enclosed bus, based on number of participants and weather conditions.

$65.00 per participant. Click here to register.

11 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Looks like we are the early game, as expected.

https://www.nchchockey.com/news_article/show/896577?referrer_id=767342

That's great, that'll give us a little more rest than the team playing Friday night will get, we will need it. We're the only NCHC team that really needs to win, so does that give us an advantage? How about the other coaches being a little soft on us for the possibility of lower ranked teams (with auto-bids) knocking out Penn St. & MN? Is MN a concern being the Froz4 is @ the X? I know coaches wouldn't admit to kicking game, but they sure can play soft when they have their tickets punched?

9 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

That's great, that'll give us a little more rest than the team playing Friday night will get, we will need it. We're the only NCHC team that really needs to win, so does that give us an advantage? How about the other coaches being a little soft on us for the possibility of lower ranked teams (with auto-bids) knocking out Penn St. & MN? Is MN a concern being the Froz4 is @ the X? I know coaches wouldn't admit to kicking game, but they sure can play soft when they have their tickets punched?

As said before, St. Cloud would like nothing more than to end our season as we have done to them 2 out of the last 3 years.  Nevermind the fact that if we won twice, it could put us up to a number 3 seed, which would make it a possibility they put St. Cloud in our regional.  I am sure that just like Northeastern and Providence would like to dispose of BC & BU, every team in the Frozen Faceoff would like to see our season ended.  

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

As said before, St. Cloud would like nothing more than to end our season as we have done to them 2 out of the last 3 years.  Nevermind the fact that if we won twice, it could put us up to a number 3 seed, which would make it a possibility they put St. Cloud in our regional.  I am sure that just like Northeastern and Providence would like to dispose of BC & BU, every team in the Frozen Faceoff would like to see our season ended.  

So no soft coaching and best skaters on the ice? I can relate to your last sentence, being we have the longest active streak getting to the NCAAs.

6 minutes ago, tnt said:

EXACTLY! Don't think for one second that the other 3 teams in St. Paul this weekend wouldn't love to be the ones to end UND's season. 

17 minutes ago, tnt said:

This. I expect nothing less than all three of those team's best.