SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. uno mavs - GAME 2 GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Nope.  The kick shot at the net would only be nullified if another player gains full possession.

If the d man had swatted puck in the net after the kick then it's a goal because it would be considered possession. 

how the hell is that a goal..

I was watching that game on NCHC.tv.

While I was hoping it would be disallowed, I wasn't surprised that they counted it.

If you see the play from above the net, you clearly see Terry kick at the puck.  But you also see the CC defender poke at the puck with his stick, and it appears (at least to my eye) from above the net that the defender's stick hit the puck which then was directed into Terry's skate.

I bet if you asked the officials that is exactly what they'd tell you they saw.  From a replay that was shot from the corner you could also see that Terry's immediate reaction was to look at the referee and point at the CC player whose stick was between his skate and the puck.  You could also see that when the official gave the explanation to the CC bench, their reaction wasn't anger, but more like, "ohh."

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, scpa0305 said:

We need a forward to play for Johnson.

This I couldn't agree with more but I've said I don't like our lineup decisions so often I'm beating a dead horse. I would take a line of Adams-Hoff-Yon (who are our healthy scratches) over at least one if not two of our current lines. Unfortunately or I guess fortunately since we just won two games in a row I don't see any lineup changes moving forward.

18 minutes ago, burd said:

Looks to me like Hovey had a good point. 

I agree with @SJHovey that it looks like CC #15, in an attempt to clear the puck, gets his stick on the puck and hits it away from the net and into Terry's skate, which then sends the puck back into the net.  I'm not sure if that matters, though.  If Terry made a kicking motion (which he did) and the puck goes from his leg or skate into the net, it shouldn't be a goal.

• Upvote 3