SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Season

bounce

This years version lacked interior defense and rebounding....Juco McCauley apparently was not ready, I never seen a kid play the first 2 games then become injured for the rest of the season without an explanation or evidence of surgery smells fishy ...looks like jones decided to bank him for next year by putting an unable to play tag on him....Losing Collins was a blessing he could only muster up 5ppg and 3 rebounds for a lousy D2 program..... Word is Geno not eliglble to grad this year, this second hand info from a guy who covers the gophers online.  The Big they signed from California closed out is career with 3 points and 17 rebounds in a loss... had no other D1 offers andHe looks like a lock to redshirt....6'6" Hazekamp from Iowa did hold a D2 offer from Augustana  and put up impressive numbers averaging a very nice 13 rebounds a game  21.5 ppg and an impressive 45% from 3.   Looks a bit slow defensively for D1 basketball.   Bijiek 6'9 + 7'1 wingspan looks like he will start right away ..late bloomer with high major offers and a year off to train is game....I see him guarding the 5/4 and being able to score in and out of the paint...I expect Kinsey to graduate and move on, Franken  looks to be in over his head and Jones needs to add another big who can play....also not very positive on their guard depth next season ...Summit looks very tough next season as 11 of 15 all conference kid can return and top 2 teams USD and SD St....lose very little via graduation....Daum will be a 5th year senior and could bolt or he can stay and play for the preseason fav next season

(

(

59 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Back to playing the Bizon in conference games.

It will be very exciting playing teams up and down I29, and being able to drive to the away games!

Bison, Coyotes, Jacks and Omaha at home will definitely raise the excitement meter, as the Betty should be packed. Knocking off the Bison and Jacks in one season will be great to see.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, darell1976 said:

Bison, Coyotes, Jacks and Omaha at home will definitely raise the excitement meter, as the Betty should be packed. Knocking off the Bison and Jacks in one season will be great to see.

Early predictions, we -

Sweep the Bizon in MBB & WBB.

Split the Jacks and Coyotees in MBB & WBB.

That's 12 games!

4 hours ago, darell1976 said:

And Denver. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:14 PM, bounce said:

This years version lacked interior defense and rebounding....Juco McCauley apparently was not ready, I never seen a kid play the first 2 games then become injured for the rest of the season without an explanation or evidence of surgery smells fishy ...looks like jones decided to bank him for next year by putting an unable to play tag on him....Losing Collins was a blessing he could only muster up 5ppg and 3 rebounds for a lousy D2 program..... Word is Geno not eliglble to grad this year, this second hand info from a guy who covers the gophers online.  The Big they signed from California closed out is career with 3 points and 17 rebounds in a loss... had no other D1 offers andHe looks like a lock to redshirt....6'6" Hazekamp from Iowa did hold a D2 offer from Augustana  and put up impressive numbers averaging a very nice 13 rebounds a game  21.5 ppg and an impressive 45% from 3.   Looks a bit slow defensively for D1 basketball.   Bijiek 6'9 + 7'1 wingspan looks like he will start right away ..late bloomer with high major offers and a year off to train is game....I see him guarding the 5/4 and being able to score in and out of the paint...I expect Kinsey to graduate and move on, Franken  looks to be in over his head and Jones needs to add another big who can play....also not very positive on their guard depth next season ...Summit looks very tough next season as 11 of 15 all conference kid can return and top 2 teams USD and SD St....lose very little via graduation....Daum will be a 5th year senior and could bolt or he can stay and play for the preseason fav next season

(

(

For clarification on the guard depth:  Are you suggesting that there will be guards that will be leaving or you don't think very highly of them as a group or both?

7 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

For clarification on the guard depth:  Are you suggesting that there will be guards that will be leaving or you don't think very highly of them as a group or both?

Not impressed bench guards...other than kinsey I would expect the rest to return..do not view any of reserves as summit league caliber

On 3/8/2018 at 7:51 PM, darell1976 said:

I hope there will be tickets left........... 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

don't count out moody

Obviously was a stud in ND HS basketball but any word on how he fared in practice? Would be nice for him to be that scorer off the bench next year.

A lot of people have assumed Jal will come in and start right away, is he actually ready? I know he was a 4 star and had all these offers at sometime or another but he looks like a bit of a project to me personally.

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

how much better would we have been if someone, anyone, off the bench could've knocked down some open three's this year...kinsey didn't and bb didn't...will be fun to see if moody can be that guy that those two weren't

Would have been nice to have McDermott. Just looked at UNI stats and he only played in 8 games making 5 total 3-pointers. Not sure if he was injured but you have to wonder if he is regretting leaving.

17 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Would have been nice to have McDermott. Just looked at UNI stats and he only played in 8 games making 5 total 3-pointers. Not sure if he was injured but you have to wonder if he is regretting leaving.

i've kept an eye on hiM too...TRANSFER BACK!!!!!!!!! PLEASE.

On 3/11/2018 at 1:03 PM, sioux24/7 said:

Obviously was a stud in ND HS basketball but any word on how he fared in practice? Would be nice for him to be that scorer off the bench next year.

A lot of people have assumed Jal will come in and start right away, is he actually ready? I know he was a 4 star and had all these offers at sometime or another but he looks like a bit of a project to me personally.

Did you watch that video of him that was posted?  Holy cow is he athletic for being such a tall guy.  Unfortunately, can't see him gaining tons of weight, but he looks pretty dang good IMO.  Compare him to Walter and it's not even close.  Not a basketball mind, though.

9 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Did you watch that video of him that was posted?  Holy cow is he athletic for being such a tall guy.  Unfortunately, can't see him gaining tons of weight, but he looks pretty dang good IMO.  Compare him to Walter and it's not even close.  Not a basketball mind, though.

You’re probably right. I don’t know I just can’t see him down low posting up ever which is fine but then we still need a big man. 

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2018-19 Season