bounce

17 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

My list of players who need to have a great offseason, in order of importance

1) Walter

2) Stewart

3) Brown

4) Jaqwan 

5) Seales

Walter put on some muscle and look to score a bit more, Stewart get a solid 3 pt shot to set up dribble drive, Brown seems to play up to is limited athletic ability, Jaquan all I know is he pick up fouls fast in the few minutes he played, seales 6,4 “ fwd needs to shoot the 3 ...he still has not developed the outside shot to set up his impressive short to mid range game... Crandall play smarter too many turnovers.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

You’re probably right. I don’t know I just can’t see him down low posting up ever which is fine but then we still need a big man. 

Why would you ever put him down low? Let him use his mid range game and quickness to pull bigs away from the basket and wreak havoc.

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Why would you ever put him down low? Let him use his mid range game and quickness to pull bigs away from the basket and wreak havoc.

Due to his height without knowing much to would assume he would be but clearly not the case. All I’m saying is we still need a big. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Drake’s job opened again, maybe we will need to search for a new head coach for next season :silly: one can hope right? *cough* Chad Walthall *cough*

Interesting comparison on UND and MSU-Moorhead:
After successful season in 2016/17, MSU-M lost 5 seniors to graduation and 1 transfer (a freshman). 5 of the 6 players lost averaged double digit minutes, with the one being a senior who saw minimal playing time. This season, MSU-M only had one senior, and had to replace 59% of their scoring and 60% of their minutes played, including 3 of the top 4 in both categories. The went from 24-6 (19-3 in conference) and an NCAA regional appearance to 7-22 (5-17 in conference).

UND lost 4 seniors and 3 transfers (2 juniors and 1 sophomore). 5 of the 7 players lost averaged double digit minutes, the two were seniors who saw minimal playing time. This season, UND only had one senior (a transfer) and had to replace 61% of their scoring and 61% of minutes played including 4 of the top 7 in each category. They went from 22-10 (14-4 in conference) and an NCAA appearance to 12-20 (6-12 in conference).

So......with that known, can anyone shed some more light on what happened down in Moorhead? This season seemed more of an abberation for a Walthall team, but the similarities are interesting.

16 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Drake’s job opened again, maybe we will need to search for a new head coach for next season :silly: one can hope right? *cough* Chad Walthall *cough*

I don't find it very likely Jones gets the Drake job this time around. If we flip his record to 20-12 and a deep BSC tourney run... maybe.   

Horner on the other hand... has a 2% greater chance than Jones in getting the job. If it came down to those two, I'd think they would take Horner over Jones (but I think its a 3% and 1% chance of happening).  If Jones did somehow get the job, he probably would take Horner with him. 

Now the curious thought is about Dave Thorson, will Drake just turn the job to him (he is the current interim coach) or will they go in a different direction.  If so... where would he go next? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • UNDBIZ changed the title to 2018-19 Season
13 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Ouch, that's a tough loss.

Yeah, he obviously felt it was time for him to move on though, as his name was coming up for just about every open HC position in the midwest.  Maybe Jones will hire an assistant from Minnesota to expand the recruiting footprint beyond Iowa.

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Bring 

Back 

Gameli

(long shot I know.....)

Yeah I wish. I live in Sioux Falls and work with a lot of Yotes, they love him. It appears he realizes where he works best though as he could have gone with Smith to Utah State but chose to stay at USD because just recruiting strengths are around here (Minneapolis). 

• 2 weeks later...