SiouxSports.com Forum

2018-19 Season

bounce

52 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I’ll say it again, even though it won’t happen.

Come home Geno :)

Nope, he made the choice. If rumor is true that he was 19 credits short of graduating after 4 years at UND that also says something.

15 hours ago, dmksioux said:

So anyone know when the schedule is coming out?

Wasn't it sometime in October last year?  It's almost comical when a men's schedule is finalized.  3 days later, their playing games.  I joke, tongue in cheek, as I've been told by a number of people in and around the program over the past several years just how challenging scheduling non-conference games has been, since making the move to D1.  I unfortunately think that this scheduling and getting a schedule out to the fans in an early fashion, will always be a significant obstacle.

9 minutes ago, the green team said:

Wasn't it sometime in October last year?  It's almost comical when a men's schedule is finalized.  3 days later, their playing games.  I joke, tongue in cheek, as I've been told by a number of people in and around the program over the past several years just how challenging scheduling non-conference games has been, since making the move to D1.  I unfortunately think that this scheduling and getting a schedule out to the fans in an early fashion, will always be a significant obstacle.

Here's a great article about Loyola's scheduling issues.  https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/loyola-chicagos-non-con-schedule-is-lacking-because-other-coaches-were-wrongly-afraid-to-schedule-the-ramblers/

5 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

You're right. That's a great story of the scheduling challenges of a school not in a Power 5.  A person can probably multiply those struggles in the case of North Dakota.  Maybe not in the fact that we make anyone nervous...not this year anyway (maybe a couple of years ago that was the case)  But definitely in other factors.   When I asked an assistant several years ago about the budget paying to bring in a team he smiled and said "what budget?" (humor but a lot of truth in that statement).   I don't envy our staff when trying to line games up.  That really has to be a very unnecessary headache each an every year the staff, although it appears their not alone in their struggles in trying to try to put something/anything together year to year.  At least Loyola has some budget to try buy a game, I'm fairly certain that's a luxury UND doesn't have.  There's always hope. Maybe someday.

36 minutes ago, bounce said:

Too bad team holds a grudge....with Geno Big Dance Dark Horse...without Geno Big Dance Zero Chance....could end up costing Jones his next contract...

I'm not sure the team even made the final decision. The staff needed to know what was going on so they could put together the best roster they could. Holding a scholarship for someone who has already told you (and very publicly, everyone else) that they were done at UND and on to bigger and better things isn't how you do that or help locker room chemistry.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, bounce said:

Too bad team holds a grudge....with Geno Big Dance Dark Horse...without Geno Big Dance Zero Chance....could end up costing Jones his next contract...

Hold a grudge?  Yah, that's one way to put it.  Another way would be that they were happy he left.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bounce said:

It would be like going back to a girl who dumped you for someone else, then when she gets dumped, all of a sudden you are back in the picture.  No thanks!

i thought that geno needed to finish his und schooling by the end of summer to be eligible at gonzaga...now they are saying he can finish one more semester at und then transfer over...if this true he would be eligible the first game after his last class in november or december?

14 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i thought that geno needed to finish his und schooling by the end of summer to be eligible at gonzaga...now they are saying he can finish one more semester at und then transfer over...if this true he would be eligible the first game after his last class in november or december?

He'll have to graduate in December before he can transfer and become eligible.