SiouxSports.com Forum

#8 UND (11-19) vs #9 MSU (13-18) BSC Tourney Round 1 3/6 2:05 PM

SWSiouxMN

Geno too much of a turnover machine this season , did not shoot enough, and gets benched in first half for 2 fouls too often....pretty tough to rack up assists with a shortage of catch and shoot teammates...and almost impossible to make first team with a 8/9 th place finish.

I like how UND plays hard as a team and I think they are capable of beating anyone on given night but when you come to the tournament I just think there couple of players shy of winning the Tournament. We lack size and go to ball player inside and I think you need this if your going to win at DI level. You need that player you can go to inside when you need a basket and UND has AVants but he's little under sized and if he plays big minutes he gets worn down and usually in fall trouble. I thought this team would compete last year again this year but the loss of Berstein, Shanks, and Collins with the additions they made this year would have made for salty team. I don't think UND handling of Jones contract helped either in keeping players or recruiting players.  Could have been team that would have set a mark for the Big Sky but it slipped away.