Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
SiouxVolley

2018 Softball

Recommended Posts

The women beat Rutgers today for their seventh straight win.  Granted, many of their wins are against MEAC and SWAC schools and Rutgers, but a great start.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

The women beat Rutgers today for their seventh straight win.  Granted, many of their wins are against MEAC and SWAC schools and Rutgers, but a great start.

Its still better than where they were a few years ago.  Hope they can keep it going and make a run to the top of the Big Sky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice win to take 2 of 3 over Portland State.  We have gotten better over the past 2 seasons.  We have 7 one run losses this year.  With a little luck we would have a winning record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Home opener coming up the 30th a lot of snow this year. Can someone go in and remove the snow without ruining the turf? I'd kick in 100.00 to help out. Feel for the girls. Looks like a bad spring for softball. 701 772  9503

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

I believe Apollo is grass

I did snow removal yesterday after the Michigan game, what a job. Dug out downspouts and extensions on 6 buildings that were buried under a lot of snow, lots of moisture on these roofs that is going to come down. 

Point being, grass is pretty green under all that snow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

And why The Al and not the HPC? 

I think it is because the field at the HPC is not wide enough. The turf at the Alerus has a lot more space between the edge of the turf and the sidelines than the HPC's turf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChesterFritz90 said:

I think it is because the field at the HPC is not wide enough. The turf at the Alerus has a lot more space between the edge of the turf and the sidelines than the HPC's turf.

The lower level stands are moveable on one side, and them moved to one end zone.  The AL should have much more room than the HPC, with proper seating on one side.  It should be close to normal fields, but may not be carpet throughout.

Called up my elderly parents, who don’t go to outside events unless it is summer and there is shade.  They will probably go to their first UND softball game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

The lower level stands are moveable on one side, and them moved to one end zone.  The AL should have much more room than the HPC, with proper seating on one side.  It should be close to normal fields, but may not be carpet throughout.

Called up my elderly parents, who don’t go to outside events unless it is summer and there is shade.  They will probably go to their first UND softball game.

 You sure about that?  Aren't both sidelines cement, and they keep the basketball bleachers in the end zone?  Maybe I am misreading your post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Image result for alerus center basketball seating

Holy cow... didn't know that.  

Nope, yup, I knew that one. The fold-up stands you see at the end zones during football are sections 104-106, 113-115, and 120-123 in that image. For hoops they bring 212-216 across to be the west side of the court. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×