SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs SCSU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

10 hours ago, snova4 said:

But Oxbow's quote came from this page, not Instagram.  Someone else screen shot it and shared it here, meaning they are watching this forum.  So which is it, is this forum free to discuss frustrations, or should we police it to where there's no questioning of people's dedication and effort? Honestly, if they are calling out a poster from a fan forum on social media, Oxbow is right, they are spending entirely too much time on here. Let's not pretend that this season hasn't given every frustrated fan enough reason to question every player on the team at one point or another, including the coaching staff. From Cam letting in some extreme softies to lose games, to Rhett taking terrible penalties, to Wolanin making some boneheaded defensive plays, to everyone on the team at one time or another making some real head scratchers, to the coaching staff playing a defensive line at the end of the game when you need a goal.  I don't subscribe to the theory that we shouldn't be hard on them or even get a little personal on a fan forum once in a while, because several of these players think they are ready to be pros next season, and it's not going to get any better. 

I'm fine with wrapping this all up, but who are we to say what these kids do with their spare time? And again, implying that the amount of time they spend on social media is affecting their play on the ice doesn't make sense to me. Let's move on as it really is a matter of opinion.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...