Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Fetch

Still think the Ralph needs

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I agree, but when I was a student, it was a pain in the ass to be separated from friends by being in lower or upper bowel.  I think it suppresses attendance, and the lines are unnecessary.  I say 103, 104, 105, 106.  The students all on one level would create a better environment, and eliminate the need for ridiculous lines to sit lower bowl.  If they don't change the sections, they should at least go back to separate tickets for lower and upper bowl. 

This would take away two lower bowl sections, but seats would be opened up on the red line in both the lower and upper bowl.  These are great seats. 

I get what you're saying but you're quite a bit of revenue from the Champions Club if you do that. They are already hamstrung trying to increase donations without more lower bowl seats to sell. Taking away 2 more sections doesn't help that at all. Unfortunately the demand for lower bowl seats is significantly more than the demand for tickets in general. People are willing to pay a pretty decent premium to be in the lower bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I get what you're saying but you're quite a bit of revenue from the Champions Club if you do that. They are already hamstrung trying to increase donations without more lower bowl seats to sell. Taking away 2 more sections doesn't help that at all. Unfortunately the demand for lower bowl seats is significantly more than the demand for tickets in general. People are willing to pay a pretty decent premium to be in the lower bowl.

Better atmosphere sells.  And this would open up prime lower bowl seats on the red line, which are worth more money than end seating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2018 at 5:07 PM, Vegas_Sioux said:

Cheap and beer don’t go in the same sentence when referring to the Ralph. 

I think nearly every other sporting venue in the U.S. disagrees with you :D ... I GLADLY pay $6.25 for a 24 ouncer.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Better atmosphere sells.  And this would open up prime lower bowl seats on the red line, which are worth more money than end seating.

The problem is, you only have less than half the amount of seats so you're going to have to convince people that have had their lower bowl seats for 15+ years that this it would be a good idea. 

Pretty sure this was a big discussion that went on for multiple years before and after the REA opened. There were many talks about moving the students and changing sections. The theory was always that they would have the best seats in the house and that's why they've stayed where they are. Maybe that mindset has changed. But I don't think you'll ever see them increase the amount of lower bowl sections they have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

The problem is, you only have less than half the amount of seats so you're going to have to convince people that have had their lower bowl seats for 15+ years that this it would be a good idea. 

Pretty sure this was a big discussion that went on for multiple years before and after the REA opened. There were many talks about moving the students and changing sections. The theory was always that they would have the best seats in the house and that's why they've stayed where they are. Maybe that mindset has changed. But I don't think you'll ever see them increase the amount of lower bowl sections they have.

I understand the argument, just don't think it is the optimal setup.  It's hard to ruffle the feathers of dedicated fans.  One other benefit, though, is that the students who stand in the upper deck would no longer be blocking the view of the people sitting in the section over.  Even IF the students stood in the lower bowl on the end, the seats are angled in a way that people in the next section over would not have their view obstructed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I think nearly every other sporting venue in the U.S. disagrees with you :D ... I GLADLY pay $6.25 for a 24 ouncer.

Exactly! Even in college I loved how the beer was cheap at the Ralph. Maybe not, "Down UNDER - 1.50 pitcher night" cheap, but still ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I understand the argument, just don't think it is the optimal setup.  It's hard to ruffle the feathers of dedicated fans.  One other benefit, though, is that the students who stand in the upper deck would no longer be blocking the view of the people sitting in the section over.  Even IF the students stood in the lower bowl on the end, the seats are angled in a way that people in the next section over would not have their view obstructed.

I'm actually pretty sure that was one of the arguments made a decade ago. However the decision was made to keep them in the best seats in the house. I don't even recall who was on what side anymore but it isn't a new discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They aren't giving the students more lower seats.  That is for sure.  Given what is happening in Fargo at NDSU football games, I would not be surprised if they moved the students out of 108 and 109 and opened that up to sell to high donating Champions Club members.  Put the students all on one level in 307, 308, 309, 310.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On ice projection and updated center ice score board is all I can think of on ways to modernize it. That place is already perfect.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×