Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
geaux_sioux

Spring Ball 2018

Recommended Posts

The news has it's own page now.  You have to click the link in the way lower left corner of the home page to get there.  http://news.siouxsports.com/

The content isn't that great anymore - doesn't show this article. 

Edit:  On the home page there is a news section under "around the web".  I think it used to be set up so members could add articles - not sure if that is still the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2018 at 11:10 AM, gundy1124 said:

We don't want to advertise the new wrinkles and the __________ series they are putting in.  Just guessing - 

The team and all other students are on Spring Break until next Sunday. Hopefully, we'll get some football updates after the break, and none include disciplinary actions.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2018 at 9:33 PM, ND1 said:

I am hearing there is a chance our game with  Sam Houston game gets moved to the FCS kick off game that ESPN televises.  In August . This would be big!! 

Anything new on this? When is this decision made?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Anything new on this? When is this decision made?

I think that Sam Houston game is going to set the tone for the season and the crowds early in the year.  If we can pull out a win there that will definitely generate some excitement.  And if it is the FCS kickoff game, even more important that we play well in that game.  If we do end up playing them the very first game, hopefully their QB won't be comfortable and in a rhythm....and we can keep him that way the whole game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Anything new on this? When is this decision made?

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jacksonville-state-n-c-a-t-in-potential-fcs-kickoff-matchup-020118

This article, albeit from beginning of February, made me to believe Jacksonville St was already in a contract to host the FCS kickoff game, they were just trying to schedule the opponent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No news is probably good news this past week with them being on spring break.  Hopefully we'll get some news out of spring ball that the OL seems to be improving.  Are we able to really tell much from spring ball how the OL is doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

No news is probably good news this past week with them being on spring break.  Hopefully we'll get some news out of spring ball that the OL seems to be improving.  Are we able to really tell much from spring ball how the OL is doing?

I was thinking the same thing about the no news. Hopefully we get some updates when they are back at it soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2018 at 3:34 PM, geaux_sioux said:

Could use some Spring Ball asap since the hockey team !@#$ the bed

Sadly I said the same thing about hockey last November when the football team !@#&#036 the bed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TRex said:

Sadly I said the same thing about hockey last November when the football team !@#&#036 the bed.

The athletic department in general minus the volleyball team !@#$ the bed this year

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

The athletic department in general minus the volleyball team !@#$ the bed this year

Really hoping for FB getting a lot of ink in the media and on here from now through the first game. Could be a lot of fun and with some pretty good crowds at the Hawks Nest this up coming season.

The FB fans were climbing aboard the last couple years and tailed off through last season. Record season tickets last year really helped attendance, even with the wins hard to get. The FB fan base is going to need some rebuilding, and it can be done with the potential this team has. UND has to get back on track with the W's. Bubba, do you have the coaches ready? Spring football is here.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to be a prove it or lose it type of season for Bubba. Last season just plain sucked. Bubba and his program need to prove they can walk the walk and win some games. Unfortunatley, due to that, spring ball and fall camp will be minimally intriguing to many this year. I know I'm one of those who feel last year dug this program into a !@#$ hole. Top 10 preseason turned to league bottom feeder will do that to you. I also feel the support for football from an athletic administrative and financial level is iffy at best and that is discouraging. 

Bottomline: desperately need results (wins)

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Old School Guy said:

Essentially, the Sam Houston game will be a playoff game early in the season. If we want to gain respect with the pollsters and get the fans back on board, we have to win this game. We cannot get blown off the field; especially with Washington on the schedule early. We need to find a way to start 2-1. This might be the most important game of the year.

2-1? You think we're going to lose to Mississippi Valley? ;)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Bit sensitive today, huh?

Hope you're not too closely associated with the football program; UND football needs a lot more fortitude than that in order to rebound back from 2017.

 

Parrots have a way of repeating phrases and after awhile become annoying.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

It's going to be a prove it or lose it type of season for Bubba. Last season just plain sucked. Bubba and his program need to prove they can walk the walk and win some games. Unfortunatley, due to that, spring ball and fall camp will be minimally intriguing to many this year. I know I'm one of those who feel last year dug this program into a !@#$ hole. Top 10 preseason turned to league bottom feeder will do that to you. I also feel the support for football from an athletic administrative and financial level is iffy at best and that is discouraging. 

Bottomline: desperately need results (wins)

I blame last season on the MASH unit we fielded. Never have I seen that many injuries on one team. Now if 2018 is a repeat of results with little or no injuries then this team is in trouble and changes need to be made. Bubba took this program out of Mussman’s hole to the top of the conference in 3 short seasons, and he can do that again. 

#BelieveInBubba

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Bit sensitive today, huh?

Hope you're not too closely associated with the football program; UND football needs a lot more fortitude than that in order to rebound back from 2017.

 

I guess the nine other people who upvoted 1983’s comment are sensitive and lacking fortitude today too, huh?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ozzie82 said:

I guess the nine other people who upvoted 1983’s comment are sensitive and lacking fortitude today too, huh?

 

You mean this site actually attracts overly biased UND fans/alumni? Who would have thought such a novel concept possible?

This site is anything but a credible democracy. In fact, the response to any form of criticism on this board is often exaggerated and illogical. It actually ruins the ability for fair two-sided discussion. 

I mean, this "issue" (or whatever you want to call it) now becoming the hot topic on this thread perfectly exemplifies both the current lull on UND football and the irrationality amongst many who call themselves UND fans. If you don't like what someone has to say, don't read it and/or certainly don't subscribe and comment. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You mean this site actually attracts overly biased UND fans/alumni? Who would have thought such a novel concept possible?

This site is anything but a credible democracy. In fact, the response to any form of criticism on this board is often exaggerated and illogical. It actually ruins the ability for fair two-sided discussion. 

I mean, this "issue" (or whatever you want to call it) now becoming the hot topic on this thread perfectly exemplifies both the current lull on UND football and the irrationality amongst many who call themselves UND fans. If you don't like it what someone has to say, don't read it and/or certainly don't subscribe and comment. 

Sounds great.  Maybe it's spring break time for you. Rest up and we'll see you at fall camp.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

 

Good comments from players... very realistic... I liked the chip on our shoulder and that last season was  NOT ND football... also focusing on the future... hope this continues.

hate seeing Bubba in anything green thatvdors not say SIOUX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×