SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Ball 2018

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, DB Cooper said:

Any hearings on how heidelbaugh is transitioning from QB-WR?  My guess is he will be used for short routes/blocking due to his lack of speed.  I hope we see some action from him in the game tonight! 

Apparently he’s got a little more burst than you’d think. Give him a full summer of running and he should be ok. He’s definitely faster than Toivonen.

I've never used Pluto TV, anything special I'll need for that?  I see there is a link to it on the UND Sports football page.  I clicked on that and it opened up the Pluto page......hoping once they start it will just be there? 

14 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I've never used Pluto TV, anything special I'll need for that?  I see there is a link to it on the UND Sports football page.  I clicked on that and it opened up the Pluto page......hoping once they start it will just be there? 

Looks like its on Watch Big Sky as well: http://www.bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/11/19/WatchBigSky.aspx

5 hours ago, DB Cooper said:

Any hearings on how heidelbaugh is transitioning from QB-WR?  My guess is he will be used for short routes/blocking due to his lack of speed.  I hope we see some action from him in the game tonight! 

My guess is he will be swinging a towel on the sideline, but still be a great character/locker room guy.

My thoughts, fwiw,

Saw Ott pre game with all the DL's and he looked so much smaller. Roster says 230 but I don't know. Then in the scrimmage-WOW! Great twitch speed off the edge.  In the 1 on 1, he went inside shoulder on OL raised his right arm for leverage and beat him to QB. He was in the backfield more than Santiago tonight.

Among the DL's, I was impressed with Seguin's thickness.

Austin Gordon on the edge is going to make plays. And he's not weak as he pushed an OL in the 1 on 1's right to the QB.

OL is the trouble spot. Rooney looks so short, and some were just slow off the pass rush, but the guy I tried to watch (and really didn't as the ground level view didn't allow it) is Jenkins. If you built an OL in a lab this is what he would look like.

Apparently bad snaps are still a part of the punt game.

Sherva looks a LITTLE like a smaller version of Santiago. He had a run in which he exploded past guys. This is why Gordon is on D.

The D was MUCH better than the O but like UNDBIZ said, the entire first series was ALL pass plays. BUT... if the size in the middle stops the run, the DB's can handle the pass game at least against THIS offense.

We joke about screens, but there were at least 4 that I counted and the one I liked most was the FAKE jet sweep one way, screen pass the other.

Mikey Griebel may be the smallest football player I've seen, but damn is he quick! He and McKinney are small but scary fast. IF the QB can find them.

Johannesson had a nice play down the sideline on a good pass from (I can't remember) BUT on that play the QB would have been leveled.

Did anyone else know we have guys named Bryce Crouch and ... l love this name- Pedro Schmidt on the roster?

Still lots of work to do, but eager for August.

• Like 1

No Quarterback’s really stood out much. Boltman is Third string. Just not there yet. The other 2, we’ll see. Not a lot of separation. The line is a huge question mark. We need some really good summers from those guys weight wise and technique wise. We have a lot a big thick TE hybrid type guys on the roster at WR. RB’s are good. Did Johannson get dinged?  Defense looked good. Aggressive. Making plays. Optimistic about the Def. 

Just my opinion, I didn’t love the spring game at HPC. My kids were bored in 5 minutes. They need to put on more of a show to get fans more energized. Make it more energized in there for those kids that were there on a visit. It was like being at a museum looking at an exhibit. I love the HPC, but until it’s fully funded, should be at Alerus or if nice enough even Memorial. (Not this year)

I thought Johannseson got dinged too. It happened on that long pass play. He kept going to his helmet. Then he took a run up the middle, came to the sideline and went to the trainer. Hopefully nothing too serious.

This was my first time at HPS, and I was looking for some upper level vantage point as field view didn't do it for me. Saw lots of kids using the track for races. Nice crowd though.

13 hours ago, shep said:

My thoughts, fwiw,

Saw Ott pre game with all the DL's and he looked so much smaller. Roster says 230 but I don't know. Then in the scrimmage-WOW! Great twitch speed off the edge.  In the 1 on 1, he went inside shoulder on OL raised his right arm for leverage and beat him to QB. He was in the backfield more than Santiago tonight.

Among the DL's, I was impressed with Seguin's thickness.

Austin Gordon on the edge is going to make plays. And he's not weak as he pushed an OL in the 1 on 1's right to the QB.

OL is the trouble spot. Rooney looks so short, and some were just slow off the pass rush, but the guy I tried to watch (and really didn't as the ground level view didn't allow it) is Jenkins. If you built an OL in a lab this is what he would look like.

Apparently bad snaps are still a part of the punt game.

Sherva looks a LITTLE like a smaller version of Santiago. He had a run in which he exploded past guys. This is why Gordon is on D.

The D was MUCH better than the O but like UNDBIZ said, the entire first series was ALL pass plays. BUT... if the size in the middle stops the run, the DB's can handle the pass game at least against THIS offense.

We joke about screens, but there were at least 4 that I counted and the one I liked most was the FAKE jet sweep one way, screen pass the other.

Mikey Griebel may be the smallest football player I've seen, but damn is he quick! He and McKinney are small but scary fast. IF the QB can find them.

Johannesson had a nice play down the sideline on a good pass from (I can't remember) BUT on that play the QB would have been leveled.

Did anyone else know we have guys named Bryce Crouch and ... l love this name- Pedro Schmidt on the roster?

Still lots of work to do, but eager for August.

I mentioned earlier I would love to see him at OLB.  His size and speed would be a great benefit to the backers. The DL seems to be deep with talent and the OLB as a crew is smallish in size.  Regardless....can't wait to watch him light up some opposing offenses.