SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Ball 2018

geaux_sioux

This is by far the most important spring of the D1 era. Who will be our next qb? Will the defense rebound? Will the offense exist? There are tons of juicy position battles to watch and plenty of young talent that should push the veterans. Looking forward to hearing reports from those who can make it to a practice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, shep said:

A good read. Of note, Morrison not participating in spring drills. I hope he's healed by August.

High hope for this young man. I hope he doesn’t end up like that promising DT from wisconsin that could never get his knee right and had to hang em up before he was a soph.

22 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The relatively unique (and utterly pathetic) lack of a true spring game in the Alerus Center will again occur, I'm sure. 

i've said this before on here...we are the University of North Dakota (not grand forks)...I think that pointless/exhibition/spring games should be or could be spread out around NORTH DAKOTA (minus Fargo)

Spring Football Game @ Dickinson State

UND's first Hockey game against Manitoba @ Minot State

First scrimmage of Volleyball @ VCSU

• Upvote 2

Montana State does their LARGE fundraising banquet after a big scrimmage abroad in Great Falls.... then concludes at home in Bozeman with the Sonny Holland Game to conclude spring ball....It has been excellent state wide exposure, and amazing booster income from the G. Falls banquet....new AD might be all ears for the like here in GF and wherever for the other site.

That would def be good for the football program.  Need to bring our product to potential fans.  Also UND/NDSU m/w basketball should alternate years playing conference games at a neutral site in north dakota.  Each team would lose one home game every four years.  Maybe play in Bismarck every year.

8 hours ago, nodak651 said:

That would def be good for the football program.  Need to bring our product to potential fans.  Also UND/NDSU m/w basketball should alternate years playing conference games at a neutral site in north dakota.  Each team would lose one home game every four years.  Maybe play in Bismarck every year.

Screw that, UND games belong in GF especially conference games. If the west wants to see DI sports they can drive east or move up. 

• Upvote 1

No spring game: confirmed. 

Not a huge deal in the overall scheme of things. Most important factor is on-the-field success (aka wins). Until UND can beat NDSU, they will remain second fiddle in the region.  Has nothing to do with #1 team in country status, but rather #1 team in region. Just so happens that #1 team in region is also #1 in country. 

Was hoping 2017 was going to be the year. Of course, under such high expectations, UND choked big time instead.