SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota @ Miami - Saturday Gameday

RideOrDieOshie

2 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Not what I'm doing at all....I have one kid in college and one going next year. It makes zero sense to me that some loser armchair expert can sit on his anonymous screen name and not only attack a team of college kids but this "man" can name an individual by name and tell that player how terrible he is doing! 

The thing that really pisses me off about the whole thing is to think some day that could be my kid on the other end of that armchair experts cowardly acts! 

People want to be frustrated with a team...so be it, it's part of being an athlete they must deal with it. If they aren't a paid professional how in the world can YOU justify personally attacking this kid or any kid? Maybe one of yours or maybe one of mine next time!

IMHO no more anonymous screen names would stop a lot of it...:silly:

I always wondered if Spiewak and Notermann's dads took offense to any of the crap that people posted.  Both of them posted on here during their son's time at UND.  Speez still posts here from time to time, but I haven't seen Notermann's dad (I forget his username).

I had the pleasure of meeting Speez a few years ago at a tourney, good guy.  :)

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

You are such a homer. He’s an ok player but he hurts the team often as well. 

Drinking from the well of bitterness? What did I say that’s not true? Gardner is one UND best two-way forwards on the team. Recently,  they haven’t won without him in the lineup. He had incredible chemistry with 19 and 14. That’s not homerism, that’s the truth. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Not what I'm doing at all....I have one kid in college and one going next year. It makes zero sense to me that some loser armchair expert can sit on his anonymous screen name and not only attack a team of college kids but this "man" can name an individual by name and tell that player how terrible he is doing! 

The thing that really pisses me off about the whole thing is to think some day that could be my kid on the other end of that armchair experts cowardly acts! 

People want to be frustrated with a team...so be it, it's part of being an athlete they must deal with it. If they aren't a paid professional how in the world can YOU justify personally attacking this kid or any kid? Maybe one of yours or maybe one of mine next time!

IMHO no more anonymous screen names would stop a lot of it...:silly:

come-after-me-im-a-man-im-40.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Goon said:

Drinking from the well of bitterness? What did I say that’s not true? Gardner is one UND best two-way forwards on the team. Recently,  they haven’t won without him in the lineup. He had incredible chemistry with 19 and 14. That’s not homerism, that’s the truth. 

If he’s a leader on the team he’s not doing a very good job. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Goon said:

Agree 100%

On 2/25/2018 at 11:51 PM, geaux_sioux said:

If he’s a leader on the team he’s not doing a very good job. 

Looks like Rhett Gardner could be back this weekend. Without Gardner UND is 0-4-3 ... I’d say yes, he’s a vital part of UND’s lineup. I know a few fans are down on his penalty minutes, but he’s a good two-way forward that plays a 200 ft game. Very heavy, gritty forward.

On 2/26/2018 at 12:58 AM, Sioux90 said:

Gardner gives it every shift and his only problem has been penalties. He's improved on that some and it's unfortunate his season has been plagued by injuries.

He’s by far one of the toughest players I’ve seen play at UND lately. When people run into him, many times they drop to the ice. He’s very smart player. 

On 2/25/2018 at 9:39 PM, Oxbow6 said:

come-after-me-im-a-man-im-40.jpg

Precisely. 

You picking on kids for going on social media is a little ridiculous, regardless of when it is -- before the game, after the game, etc. This is what they do. It's the same at every program across the country. That being said, the boys are probably annoyed and think it's dumb, but it's really not a big deal. Complaining, in general, is what fans do and we all do it from time to time. However, you and many others on here, seem to be upset under the delusion that their social media use is some how affecting their play or that if they are on social media less, they'll be better. It's silly.

In all honesty, this kind of bickering is not hurting or helping anything, but making that particular person look like a jerk.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1