We have stubborn coaches at und

dont want to change anything

both bubba’s

rudy

cant see the Forrest for the trees but fans in the stands can

we are so predictable on everything we do

That's a pretty sophisticated analysis.   

• Upvote 1

What I find so unforgivable about this year's team is that we've seen that they can play well...  It would be a different story if this team had played this bad the whole season.  The fact that they keep getting worse and worse shows the kind of weak mentality this group of players has.  The streak of NCAA post season appearances seems to be more and more likely to be done...  this team just doesn't have the heart.  I feel bad for all the hard-working teams before them that put in the work to develop over the course of the season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, willythekid said:

What I find so unforgivable about this year's team is that we've seen that they can play well...  It would be a different story if this team had played this bad the whole season.  The fact that they keep getting worse and worse shows the kind of weak mentality this group of players has.  The streak of NCAA post season appearances seems to be more and more likely to be done...  this team just doesn't have the heart.  I feel bad for all the hard-working teams before them that put in the work to develop over the course of the season.

I don't feel that way.   We're frustrated, but they aren't dogging it.   Off rhythm? yes.   totally lacking snipers?  yes.   A defenseman is the leading scorer FCS. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, burd said:

I don't feel that way.   We're frustrated, but they aren't dogging it.   Off rhythm? yes.   totally lacking snipers?  yes.   A defenseman is the leading scorer FCS. 

You don't feel they are playing worse than earlier in the year?  I certainly do...  as far as dogging it goes, there are times where a lot of guys are coasting...  there are times where guys don't want the puck, waiting for the next guy to make the play.   Other times you can see they are trying so hard they are just gripping their sticks too tight.   I don't know the answers to this mess but I do know that this is a way different team than we saw at times in the first half of the season.

2 minutes ago, willythekid said:

You don't feel they are playing worse than earlier in the year?  I certainly do...  as far as dogging it goes, there are times where a lot of guys are coasting...  there are times where guys don't want the puck, waiting for the next guy to make the play.   Other times you can see they are trying so hard they are just gripping their sticks too tight.   I don't know the answers to this mess but I do know that this is a way different team than we saw at times in the first half of the season.

I'd agree they are playing worse than they were playing earlier in the year.   I don't know why.

• Upvote 2

This is not a very good team.  They’ve only won 14 of 33 games to this point with the longest winning streak being three games. Those three wins came against the two worst teams in college hockey, Alaska Anchorage and St. Lawrence.  

This team lacks high skill players this year.  Without the skill their only hope is to play smart with maximum effort.  Too often they fail mightily in one or both of these areas. 

18 minutes ago, burd said:

I'd agree they are playing worse than they were playing earlier in the year.   I don't know why.

Huh?  Way worse.  They looked good early in the year. This is about as bad as I can remember...early 90’s when I was very young.

• Downvote 1

Just now, willythekid said:

Wow, Cam sure covered a lot of ground there...  not his fault though of course.

Oh come on...that shot was an absolute bomb.  Bud...we haven’t scored against one of the worst defensive team in the entire country.  Pretty sure this goalie has the worst save % in the land.  Intelligence.

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Oh come on...that shot was an absolute bomb.  Bud...we haven’t scored against one of the worst defensive team in the entire country.  Pretty sure this goalie has the worst save % in the land.  Intelligence.

I said it was totally not his fault didn't I?   He was completely out of position on the second shot or anything...