SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Miami

AZSIOUX

Just now, UNDMOORHEAD said:

A sweep followed by a split would make me happy.

This team can't afford a loss in Miami. Cam was sensational on Saturday. He'll carry that over this weekend. Play 5x5 hockey and this series will result in a UND sweep.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

This team can't afford a loss in Miami. Cam was sensational on Saturday. He'll carry that over this weekend. Play 5x5 hockey and this series will result in a UND sweep.

Spot on, Mr. Oxbow. SnapFace the boys and tell them this is the plan, k?

In all seriousness, UND showed this against Omaha. 5 on 5, we dominated. Wasn't close. Should be the same against Miami.

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Spot on, Mr. Oxbow. SnapFace the boys and tell them this is the plan, k?

In all seriousness, UND showed this against Omaha. 5 on 5, we dominated. Wasn't close. Should be the same against Miami.

Will do. Cam and I are going to facetime Thursday.

• Upvote 3

This is very similar to last year when UND went into Miami late in the season desperately needing a sweep. We all know the situation, a sweep keeps UND on the good side of the bubble, while a split or a Miami sweep puts them for the first time all year in a truly bad spot. They only have so many losses the rest of the season if they want to make it, one can't be this weekend with Miami's pairwise.

2 hours ago, rhenry8439 said:

image.jpeg.e9b98ea7cf7e40ecd333ce40ac49cf4e.jpegdo you remember when at this time of the season we already had tickets for the first round of the NCHC playoffs???

You do know that scenario only has happened in which UND has had a "perfect season" to date......................or so I have been told.

This is the most excited I have been to watch a series in a while. Given how the team played overall last weekend, there is a lot to be positive about going into Miami. That and big playoff implications. I've never seen this team miss the tourney since I became a fan. Hope to see that streak continue!

Am I right in saying we could lock up home ice in the first round this weekend with a sweep and a few other things playing out right? I believe a Omaha/CC Split and a Western struggling against Duluth.

For what its worth, I was just playing with the PWR tool on CollegeHockeyRanked.com and was able to get UND up to #4. Will that happen? Highlt doubtful, it would require an absolute perfect scenario, with a lot of unlikely outcomes, and possibly even winning the Final Five; but the fact that it is even mathematically plausible shows how tight the race is in college hockey. I'd be curious to know just how far we could drop as well; though for the sake of being positive I'm not going to look.

It all starts this weekend with Miami, lets get a really late season surge.

16 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

For what its worth, I was just playing with the PWR tool on CollegeHockeyRanked.com and was able to get UND up to #4. Will that happen? Highlt doubtful, it would require an absolute perfect scenario, with a lot of unlikely outcomes, and possibly even winning the Final Five; but the fact that it is even mathematically plausible shows how tight the race is in college hockey. I'd be curious to know just how far we could drop as well; though for the sake of being positive I'm not going to look.

It all starts this weekend with Miami, lets get a really late season surge.

Talk about unlikely :D

• Upvote 3