SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 attendance

F'n Hawks

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TRex said:

I see the Portland State game is in GF the opening weekend of ND deer hunting.    Nothing could be worse for attendance than having deer hunting that weekend.

Thursday game - Check

Vegas weekend game - Check

Deer opener game - Check

• Upvote 1

Although the timing of the games is important, what I think is more important is how we come out playing this year.  Last year was extremely frustrating to watch, and not only because of injuries.  Coaches need to seriously evaluate the talent available and come up with a plan to utilize them in the best possible way.  If we come out getting after it every play and call an offense that is not right out of the 1950's enthusiasm and attendance will come back.  If not, welcome to Muss 2.0.  

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I think there is a ticket pricing issue with UND football.  I have a group of friends that wants to go up to UND for a hockey game this year.  I convinced them to do the Bemidji game, so we can go to the Montana football game that afternoon.  They aren't huge UND football fans.  I could maybe drag one or two of them up to a game if there wasn't hockey being played.  Logging on to the ticketmaster website and looking at the ticket situation was kind of disappointing.  The only sections with 8 seats together are at the 20's and out, but these are priced the same as seats at the 50 yard line.  It would be nice to be able to purchase cheaper seats, to keep anyone from wanting to back out on their commitment to go to the football game.  After fees, we are looking at $40 a ticket for some of the worst seats in the builiding.  UND traditionally has a very difficult time filling the end sections, specifically, sections 209, 210, 218, and 201.  Why doesn't UND lower the price on these seats and raise the prices at or near the 50?  I think attendance could go up, and UND could increase ticket revenue.

Anyone have any idea why the prices are all the same?  I know champions club fees are required season tickets - I'm talking single game tickets.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I think there is a ticket pricing issue with UND football.  I have a group of friends that wants to go up to UND for a hockey game this year.  I convinced them to do the Bemidji game, so we can go to the Montana football game that afternoon.  They aren't huge UND football fans.  I could maybe drag one or two of them up to a game if there wasn't hockey being played.  Logging on to the ticketmaster website and looking at the ticket situation was kind of disappointing.  The only sections with 8 seats together are at the 20's and out, but these are priced the same as seats at the 50 yard line.  It would be nice to be able to purchase cheaper seats, to keep anyone from wanting to back out on their commitment to go to the football game.  After fees, we are looking at $40 a ticket for some of the worst seats in the builiding.  UND traditionally has a very difficult time filling the end sections, specifically, sections 209, 210, 218, and 201.  Why doesn't UND lower the price on these seats and raise the prices at or near the 50?  I think attendance could go up, and UND could increase ticket revenue.

Anyone have any idea why the prices are all the same?  I know champions club fees are required season tickets - I'm talking single game tickets.

Lot cheaper if you walk up if you want to take that risk 

20 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

By the tickets at the 20 yd line.  Stand in the catwalk for the first half. By halftime there will open seats in the student section, go sit there for the second half.  Unfortunate that hald the students will leave at halftime, especially for a Montana game, but that's reality.  Especially considering hockey is in town that night.

21 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

There really isn't a ton of seating options between the 20's due to season ticket holders on one side and the student section plus a partial season ticket section on the other. My guess is that is why they don't really differentiate prices since there isn't a ton of those more desirable seats available. If you or someone else is in town, you're better off going right to the box office at the REA or Alerus Center and the cost will be much closer to that $25.

10 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

There really isn't a ton of seating options between the 20's due to season ticket holders on one side and the student section plus a partial season ticket section on the other. My guess is that is why they don't really differentiate prices since there isn't a ton of those more desirable seats available. If you or someone else is in town, you're better off going right to the box office at the REA or Alerus Center and the cost will be much closer to that $25.

I agree with this strategy.  Just want to buy tickets now so nobody can back out, though.  Since this is the case, though, I really think tickets near the 50 should be priced higher.  The demand is there for those tickets, and not so much the others.  I think it would be healthy for season ticket holders to be a little more spread out along the sideline, and UND needs the ticket revenue.  I just don't see a reason for one price for differing quality of seats.  

There is a lack of demand for end seating, and $30 is pretty high for the worst seats in the building for a middle of the road (for now) FCS team.  This is more expensive than non-conference UND hockey games last season. source

43 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I agree with this strategy.  Just want to buy tickets now so nobody can back out, though.  Since this is the case, though, I really think tickets near the 50 should be priced higher.  The demand is there for those tickets, and not so much the others.  I think it would be healthy for season ticket holders to be a little more spread out along the sideline, and UND needs the ticket revenue.  I just don't see a reason for one price for differing quality of seats.  

There is a lack of demand for end seating, and $30 is pretty high for the worst seats in the building for a middle of the road (for now) FCS team.  This is more expensive than non-conference UND hockey games last season. source

Seats are still not too bad on the 20’s. I don’t think any bison tickets are anywhere near $30 but I’ve never been.

The marketing just doesn’t seem to be there for football or basketball.

there are many things they could do, a family plan for a game at a reduced price, a football and basketball combo, two football games and two basketball games for a reduced price,

hopefully Hornbachers will get out there and promote the game and have some tickets available for customers.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

By the tickets at the 20 yd line.  Stand in the catwalk for the first half. By halftime there will open seats in the student section, go sit there for the second half.  Unfortunate that hald the students will leave at halftime, especially for a Montana game, but that's reality.  Especially considering hockey is in town that night.

Half of the 4,000 student left when the game started.  Then of the 2,000 students with tickets only 1,600 go into the game.  Then half leave cause it doesn't feel like the cool place to be and we are left with 800 or so that stick it out.  Why not scan tickets until 2,000 are in  the building or hand out 2,500 tickets for the 2,000 seats, knowing we have the catwalks for overflow if needed!!  I have brought this up to the committee but they don't seem very concerned about it........frustrating!!

3 minutes ago, Kab said:

there are many things they could do, a family plan for a game at a reduced price, a football and basketball combo, two football games and two basketball games for a reduced price,

hopefully Hornbachers will get out there and promote the game and have some tickets available for customers.

#buthockeyisallthatmatters (sarcasm) :silly::angry:

I agree with you 1000%.

9 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Half of the 4,000 student left when the game started.  Then of the 2,000 students with tickets only 1,600 go into the game.  Then half leave cause it doesn't feel like the cool place to be and we are left with 800 or so that stick it out.  Why not scan tickets until 2,000 are in  the building or hand out 2,500 tickets for the 2,000 seats, knowing we have the catwalks for overflow if needed!!  I have brought this up to the committee but they don't seem very concerned about it........frustrating!!

Since there is a hockey game that night, my guess is they will offer "priority seating" for those that attend the football game.  I can't remember if they hand those out after half time or the 4th quarter.  Unfortunately, after that happens no mater who the opponent or how close the game is, the students will make a mass Exodus our the building after that.

20 minutes ago, Kab said:

They just ran a month long promotion during July partnering with Valley Dairy for discounted tickets to the home opener.

56 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Every year, every school from NDSU to Alabama have issues with students leaving early.  It’s frustrating but in no way unique to just UND.  

They need to have one dollar pop or hotdogs for the second half or 4th quarter, something to keep fans from leaving just not 10 cent beer...didn’t work so well in Cleveland.:wink:

1 hour ago, Kab said:

There’s no question that the athletic department allocates the majority of their brain power towards hockey.

If just one or two employees (with experience) were told to solely focus their efforts towards just football and basketball, it would go a long way. 

Always hearing the excuse of “if football won more, it would take care of itself”. I get that, but it does indeed go both ways. Football can win, but administration can aid that process from their level as well.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Since there is a hockey game that night, my guess is they will offer "priority seating" for those that attend the football game.  I can't remember if they hand those out after half time or the 4th quarter.  Unfortunately, after that happens no mater who the opponent or how close the game is, the students will make a mass Exodus our the building after that.

I remember it used to be at halftime, then they put it between 3rd and 4th quarters.  I think my last year they finally figured out to do it at the end of the game.