SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Candidate for UCF President's Job

fightingsioux4life

2 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

One also needs to understand the context that MJ has never thought highly of folks of MRK's ideological background. I'll leave it that. 

You won't say it; I will.

Jacobs tends (<-- I'm being polite) to be politically a D; Kennedy is a former R from MN in the US House. Their philosophies tend to clash. 

17 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Well at least the Herald finally put their grudge out into the open. At least the bias they have in their articles going forward will be able to be pointed out and expect the majority of the coverage going forward to reflect this negative stance.

Shame on him for taking a stance on buildings that fell into nearly $10 million in disrepair under previous administrations' watch.

It does appear the lines are being drawn quite clearly. 

I dont think Kennedy has sone a good job to date. I appreciate the fact that a change had to take place in UND leadership, and I was extreamly optimistic Kennedy could accomplish it with the conservative background that I also share as a world view.

However I do believe his tact and and ability to lead has been "less than professional" and I think I expected more from him.

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

You won't say it; I will.

Jacobs tends (<-- I'm being polite) to be politically a D; Kennedy is a former R from MN in the US House. Their philosophies tend to clash. 

Ahem, yes... I was walking a fine line with board rules. I'll defer to a mod. :D

3 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Ahem, yes... I was walking a fine line with board rules. I'll defer to a mod. :D

Note I didn't talk politics or political; I talked about where folks openly reside on the spectrum. Subtle, yet finite, difference. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

It does appear thee lines are being drawn quite clearly. 

I dont think Kennedy has sone a good job to date. I appreciate the fact that a change had to take place in UND leadership, and I was extreamly optimistic Kennedy could accomplish it with the conservative background that I also share as a world view.

However I do believe his tact and and ability to lead has been "less than professional" and I think I expected more from him.

I hear you. Perception is reality -- unfortunately for MRK, in this case. His heart is in the right place when it comes to fighting for UND. And yes, his passion and sense of humor can come across as arrogant to some, especially to those looking for reasons to be skeptical. The Irishman in him doesn't help either. I should know, having descended from the land of Erin myself.:D

The unfortunate thing about the Herald is that it can no longer be considered a source of objective information.  And that's not good for a newspaper.

They've dug their heels in and, at this point, many people will just assume bias in articles.  

The Herald has shown a consistency in bashing Kennedy, so it was a no-brainer for Engelstad to reach out to them.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I assumed that was a given, but yes, it plays into it. But much easier to do when you can hide behind calling him "arrogant".

Some of the writing by MJ seem arrogant.  He gets a free reign and answers to no one with his writing.  His visions are the short sighted thinking that has held our state back.

6 minutes ago, Milford torgerson said:

Some of the writing by MJ seem arrogant.  He gets a free reign and answers to no one with his writing.  His visions are the short sighted thinking that has held our state back.

There's nobody more arrogant than MJ.  His opinion of himself is in outer space.  Question.  Who's responsible for University Drive through campus?  The road is a disaster. 

s

7 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

There's nobody more arrogant than MJ.  His opinion of himself is in outer space.  Question.  Who's responsible for University Drive through campus?  The road is a disaster. 

s

I always knew you loved UND. Seems you have been spending some time there.

I feel for Kennedy.  He drew a bad hand by coming in and immediately facing huge budget cuts.  His removal of buildings that we have no use for, and no money to maintain, should be commended rather than admonished.

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Well at least the Herald finally put their grudge out into the open. At least the bias they have in their articles going forward will be able to be pointed out and expect the majority of the coverage going forward to reflect this negative stance.

Shame on him for taking a stance on buildings that fell into nearly $10 million in disrepair under previous administrations' watch.

Such passion over the demolition of a building that he can't even name correctly: 

These appear to be two buildings but they bear four names, Corwin, Sayre, Robinson and Larimore.

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

I feel for Kennedy.  He drew a bad hand by coming in and facing huge budget cuts, immediately.  His removal of buildings that we have no use for, and no money to maintain, should be commended rather than admonished.

I’ve had the pleasure of serving on numerous boards saddled with some big decisions and you often end up where all the options are not what you want but you are forced to pick the wisest among them.  That’s usually the reality.

Damn, I'm so disappointed.  I saw an article about Vandals approaching UND.  I became so excited I thought football season was starting early and Idaho was coming to get their behinds kicked.  :cool:    Nope just MJ p&&&ssing in the wind.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Damn, I'm so disappointed.  I saw an article about Vandals approaching UND.  I became so excited I thought football season was starting early and Idaho was coming to get their behinds kicked.  :cool:    Nope just MJ p&&&ssing in the wind.

I thought there was a caravan of ndsu students heading to the Betty again....

1 hour ago, southpaw said:

The unfortunate thing about the Herald is that it can no longer be considered a source of objective information.  And that's not good for a newspaper.

They've dug their heels in and, at this point, many people will just assume bias in articles.  

The Herald has shown a consistency in bashing Kennedy, so it was a no-brainer for Engelstad to reach out to them.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Couldn't agree more, besides Andrew Haffner's POTY article coming into the new year. Made mention of this last week in the Engelstad article thread. 

31 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Had to 42nd is under construction.  

Dude, I thought all of Grand Forks, especially UND, was anathema to you. Yet you admit you were there?

You have a kid graduate or something last weekend? :) 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Kennedy's vote was unanimous...vote for chair of NDUS was not......anti-Kennedy  GF Herald made  a big deal of the mid evaluation....Herald a perfect example why 'press' held in low regard....excessive opinionization in hard news stories...

• Upvote 4