SiouxSports.com Forum

President Kennedy Candidate for UCF President's Job

fightingsioux4life

So they're mad at Kennedy because....

Kennedy is being fiscally responsibly and cannot hand out raises given the recent budget issues and cuts made. The budget cuts of course came from the state level (them).

Also, Kennedy stated that he cant give raises because the funding isn't there at the state level and that he would need more money from the state to make it happen.

And he applied for the UCF job.

Do I have all of this correct?

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Kennedy is being fiscally responsibly and cannot hand out raises given the recent budget issues and cuts made. The budget cuts of course came from the state level (them).

Also, Kennedy stated that he cant give raises because the funding isn't there at the state level and that he would need more money from the state to make it happen.

You forgot to mention cutting women's hockey and that he supports the new nickname/logo. But I think you have it covered for the most part. I've come to the conclusion that despite an actual history of success, S&D and baseball don't make the moral outrage cut.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Anyone see the new coo/vp of finance picked?

where do we find these people? This guy will be around for 3 Years max and he’s retired. 

Need more und blood looms in higher positions that love the und

A pattern retirement age guys come in do there It's to bad but I have make these cuts. Orders from the higher ups. This time the joke is going to be on them. A double agent?

38 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

You forgot to mention cutting women's hockey and that he supports the new nickname/logo. But I think you have it covered for the most part. I've come to the conclusion that despite an actual history of success, S&D and baseball don't make the moral outrage cut.

Thought it was funny how WIH was mentioned in the article.  Can almost guarantee at least 3 of those 4 never attended a game and don't care about it.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Just referring to the years long thread on Bisonville. They think they are. I can't answer your question.

Exactly.  One can't really say whether it's true or false because the necessary funding level is an opinion.

2 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

They are upset with him because he is being transparent.

Basically he was in town and available for comment............

39 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Just referring to the years long thread on Bisonville. They think they are. I can't answer your question.

31 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Exactly.  One can't really say whether it's true or false because the necessary funding level is an opinion.

I have followed comments on Bisonville for years and their comments have been mostly that NDSU was legislatively/SBoHE underfunded as compared to UND. Followed by many comments, how this is such a waiste in that more funds go to that sh$th@le GF/UND. When they take a dump, some really think it flows right on by? Little do they know they have a lagoon or how one would even work?

Seriously, now could Pres. Kennedy be trying to be pulling his foot out of his mouth? Realizing the potential impact of an agitated appropriations committee?

Or, could it be a deeper plan, to bring some conversation back out on the state level instead of within the rumblings of UND?

3 hours ago, moser53 said:

True or False SU has been underfunded for decades as they claim.

I'd say true, but it has been true for both NDSU and UND.  Until this past biennium.   The funding formula did not reward the large research schools, of which there are two.  Yours and mine.  The formula was recently changed so that NDSU and UND would get an appropriation that reflects the number of students served.   Of course, the formula changed just in time for the state budget to go to s#!t, and so we haven't seen the boon to our budgets we once thought would be coming. 

Funding formulas aside, I think it is true that when it comes to discretionary and one-time appropriations, UND has always been favored over NDSU.  The professional schools are viewed more favorably than the research enterprise here.

11 minutes ago, professorbum said:

I'd say true, but it has been true for both NDSU and UND.  Until this past biennium.   The funding formula did not reward the large research schools, of which there are two.  Yours and mine.  The formula was recently changed so that NDSU and UND would get an appropriation that reflects the number of students served.   Of course, the formula changed just in time for the state budget to go to s#!t, and so we haven't seen the boon to our budgets we once thought would be coming. 

Making the comparison based on "students served" isn't exactly a fair measure. Different majors require different funding, which the legislature took into account with the new formula.

However I'd argue growing the "students served" while knowing the the proper infrastructure to support the growth isn't there and then complaining about it after the fact isn't the ideal strategy. Couple that with giving out huge chunks of tuition waivers and then turning around and complaining you don't have enough funding to support them also isn't ideal. Obviously some are necessary and/or mandated/required by various laws and programs but the disparity within the NDUS is telling.

14 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Private donations vs budget line items.

Apples and oranges.

Private Donations when SU keeps saying built with Private Unnamed Source.the school does know where the money came from right? 

It could be dirty or drug money. Is it against the state law to take money without a name to it?

21 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Private Donations when SU keeps saying built with Private Unnamed Source.the school does know where the money came from right? 

It could be dirty or drug money. Is it against the state law to take money without a name to it?

When did ndsu build anything with money from unnamed sources? 

1 hour ago, moser53 said:

Not if it's Hush Money with a Confidentiality Agreement.

• Downvote 1

On 4/4/2018 at 5:14 PM, moser53 said:

On 4/4/2018 at 6:30 PM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Not if it's Hush Money with a Confidentiality Agreement.

Some of the things that are said on Siouxsports.....good lord.

• Upvote 1