SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UNO

AZSIOUX

UND split at home vs CC. UNO had a bye. 

UND has 3 series left including this one. AT Miami and SCSU at home to finish the regular season

UND 13-9-8, 7-7-4-2 nchc, 12 pairwise

UNO 14-13-1, 7-11-0-0 nchc, 9 pairwise 

SCSU 40

DU 37

WMU 27

UND 27

UMD 24

CC 23

UNO 21

MIAMI 17

1 hour ago, ajries18 said:

I'm all for trying new line combinations, but at what point will the guys be allowed to develop some chemistry?  Injuries aside, our lineup should be set by the last three weeks of the season. Hoping for some consistency this weekend.

It would be easier to keep the same lines if they, ya know... showed any sign of chemistry. 

I'd expect to see similar lines to Saturday. Helps when your forwards actually put the puck in the net.

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

It would be easier to keep the same lines if they, ya know... showed any sign of chemistry. 

I'd expect to see similar lines to Saturday. Helps when your forwards actually put the puck in the net.

Or also if we could go a week without an injury to any line that did show chemistry. Because that’s pretty much what had been happening... 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Or also if we could go a week without an injury to any line that did show chemistry. Because that’s pretty much what had been happening... 

That hasn't helped either for sure. Any time a line starts clicking it feels like one or more are out with an injury. 

Brad and Dane need to invite Blaiser over for some late night film sessions breaking down ways to exploit some of these guys.

UND’s top lines had a field day in the 7-0 win at home in January vs. the Red Cows.  It was pretty similar to what we saw in the final period last Saturday, in fact. 

Realistically, it’s hard not to call a split.  If this team truly is a NCAA Tournament contender, I think the sweep could (should) could come the following weekend in Miami. 

• Upvote 2

After seeing every NCHC team play UND, I thought Omaha was the least impressive. That being said, Omaha is a much better home team than road. Still think UND is the better team.

Friday night, on CBS Sports Network, I can't picture UND winning. With that in mind, I'd go with a split (the usual, Lose on Friday, Win Saturday). If any team sweeps I'd predict it to be Omaha. I really, really want this team to prove me wrong and actually win a game on Friday.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AJS said:

After seeing every NCHC team play UND, I thought Omaha was the least impressive. That being said, Omaha is a much better home team than road. Still think UND is the better team.

Friday night, on CBS Sports Network, I can't picture UND winning. With that in mind, I'd go with a split (the usual, Lose on Friday, Win Saturday). If any team sweeps I'd predict it to be Omaha. I really, really want this team to prove me wrong and actually win a game on Friday.

Yeah, we always seem to lay an egg on National TV this year.  Really need to reverse that trend this weekend.  Remember when we were the king of Prime Time?  

Schloss calling for a split...no shock there...with a loss tonight. I agree a split is the most likely outcome this series but if Thome starts and loses tonight this goalie situation is just a complete mess heading down the stretch.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Schloss calling for a split...no shock there...with a loss tonight. I agree a split is the most likely outcome this series but if Thome starts and loses tonight this goalie situation is just a complete mess heading down the stretch.

If this later part happens, we'll be in a real struggle to get home playoffs.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, AJS said:

Still have the same feeling, can't picture UND winning tonight. You hate putting so much on the goalies, but UND needs a series where either Thome / Johnson actually outplay the Omaha goalie, both nights.

56 minutes ago, AJS said:

Still have the same feeling, can't picture UND winning tonight. You hate putting so much on the goalies, but UND needs a series where either Thome / Johnson actually outplay the Omaha goalie, both nights.

Hate to say it, but if UND doesn't win tonight, I don't think they win on Saturday either, as you can only go to the well so many times.  They can use the character phrase all they want about rebounding, but at some point that character has to be there on the Friday game so they don't put themselves in that position all the time.  Hope that tonight is the night they do that.