SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA VS. c.c. SATURDAY GAMEDAY THREAD

iluvdebbies

What I want to see tonight.....

- From here on out you play until you lose rotation for the goalies....starting with Thome in net tonight.

-Mismash on the top line with Gardner and Pogo...... and they play a ton of minutes

-The defensemen start jumping up in the rush more.  I'm not looking for the D to carry the puck end to end ....but to be an option on zone entry. I don't remember that happening much last night.

-Gardner has to stay out of the box.

-I know some don't like the minutes that Simonson's line gets....but for the most part they're the only line that can sustain a forecheck. Keep that line together.

-As for the other two units.....draw the names out of a hat.....

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

What I want to see tonight.....

- From here on out you play until you lose rotation for the goalies....starting with Thome in net tonight.

-Mismash on the top line with Gardner and Pogo...... and they play a ton of minutes

-The defensemen start jumping up in the rush more.  I'm not looking for the D to carry the puck end to end ....but to be an option on zone entry. I don't remember that happening much last night.

-Gardner has to stay out of the box.

-I know some don't like the minutes that Simonson's line gets....but for the most part they're the only line that can sustain a forecheck. Keep that line together.

-As for the other two units.....draw the names out of a hat.....

Good post, agree with all of it

41 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Where did you see/hear that?

I heard him say it in his Wednesday press conference. It caught me by surprise, frankly, but he said it in context of the fact Wolanin had been a forward for many years prior to moving back to D just a few years ago.

• Upvote 1

I think the team overall is playing tight when it comes to scoring, trying to he too fine on their shots.  Loosen up, relax, have fun and good things will come.  Drawing comparisons to baseball, the whole team has gone into a slump and are pressing.

Thome in......Cam out.

Casey at forward.......Adams out.

Mismash centering JJ and Kawaguchi.

BTW...........Kawaguchi must have inherited the "longest leash" on the team after Wilkie left..........who got it from Murphy but I digress.

9 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

\DVtWBjEVoAAtrMV.jpg:large

It has been 9 periods since any forward on this team has scored a goal. If I was a betting man I'd wager that even I have a better chance of "scoring" on Wednesday night than do multiple forwards tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

It has been 9 periods since any forward on this team has scored a goal. If I was a betting man I'd wager that even I have a better chance of "scoring" on Wednesday night than do multiple forwards tonight. 

Hoping for an "Omaha" Saturday night.

Just now, SIOUXELEVENS said:

So why would Adams even stay with this team , guys like simonson and Olson get second line minutes and he is a healthy scratch for a D man who isn’t in the top six. The coach who is making this lineups had his head up some where. Adams need a to be on a line with guys who can skate.

From my viewpoint, they are currently getting 2nd line minutes because Jones (and Hoff) isn’t available to center the 2nd line and they’re not putting Adams or Mismash at 2nd line center. 

Then again, Mismash has disappeared since December so he might as well be in the stands at this point. 

8 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

So why would Adams even stay with this team , guys like simonson and Olson get second line minutes and he is a healthy scratch for a D man who isn’t in the top six. The coach who is making this lineups had his head up some where. Adams need a to be on a line with guys who can skate.

Totally agree with your last point...... but who is that at this stage? If Jones gets healthy put Gersich and Adams on the wings? Adams is not a center yet he has been forced to.play there like last night. 30 games.....30 different lineups but Berry seems to be grasping for combos to click. 

......and IMO Adams should see the ice over Kawaguchi right now.

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Totally agree with your last point...... but who is that at this stage? If Jones gets healthy put Gersich and Adams on the wings? Adams is not a center yet he has been forced to.play there like last night. 30 games.....30 different lineups but Berry seems to be grasping for combos to click. 

......and IMO Adams should see the ice over Kawaguchi right now.

Agree Adams is at least noticeable out there.

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Totally agree with you last point...... but who is that at this point? If Jones gets healthy put Gersich and Adams on the wings? Adams is not a center yet he has been forced to.play there like last night. 30 games.....30 different lineups but Berry seems to be grasping for combos to click.

They desperately need Jones healthy. He has offensive chemistry with pretty much everyone - that’s why he is the leading forward scorer. 

Everytime we find a line combo that works, someone gets injured.