SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. CC Tigers - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

2 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Who thinks we will win the National championship this year?

We can't even win a game anymore.  The offensive finishing skills are putrid.  We have too many 3rd liners.  At the beginning of the season the talk was about balanced scoring with non big high-enders, code for lots of 2nd and 3rd liners. 

1 hour ago, Kab said:

It’s time that coaches are put on notice as well as players

some should be gone

I'm by no means a great hockey mind, never played it, but have been a dedicated Sioux fan since late 70s. Tell me, how do guys on scholarship that are forwards keep those scholarships when they've only scored like 1 or 2 goals on the year and we're like 2/3 to 3/4 through the season already?  We seem to have lots of such types (I'll give the freshmen a pass) that have now been with the team for nearly 2 and nearly 3 seasons but we get almost nil goal production out of them and they're forwards for Christ's sake.  What comes to mind are two Euros and at least two Minn guys.  They can't all be high-end skill players, I get that, but a little more production from some of the forwards would sure be nice.  Bring someone else in next season if they can't produce goals at the college level.   

2 hours ago, George M. Bluth said:

Hard to say.  Haven't seen it for a while.

Like watching paint dry anymore.  Ralph is getting quieter and quieter by the weekend, saw ample empty seats tonight.  Hard to get energized with the offensive display shown lately.  Perhaps the ticket prices will finally come down a bit next season.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

I’m think back 10-15 years ago...this has to one of the worst stretches I can remember.  Not only the inability to win a game, but the way we’re losing.  Just can’t score.  Zero threat 

Not to argue but wasn't UND 10 - 15 years ago (03 - 08) actually pretty good if I recall correctly?  They've been on like a nice 16 years or so run I believe.  I think you're probably thinking more like 20 - 25 years ago, early to mid 90s is what the play resembles now.  

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

Another embarrassing effort from this group. There isn't one singular problem it is the entire group coaches, forwards, defensemen, and goaltenders. Thought this team had started to turn the corner couple weeks ago against Denver and then they come with this type of performance after a week off against a mediocre Colorado College team. At this point in the season and the situation being what it is the lack of intensity and urgency from the top on down on this team is absolutely shocking to me.

I saw about zero urgency and intensity tonight ("buzzing" I like to call it) by hockey standards and yet this game/series was huge coming in.  I just don't get it.  At least Haks teams improved every season (yes, I know, except for the last game every year) but this team has digressed and IMO is only ranked as high as it is based upon program status/history.

25 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

I am by no means a Cam basher but he deserved a short leash tonight, there's been a pattern.

Totally agree... was pleasantly surprised by the goalie switch.... gave me a little hope, like the coaches knew how important the game was...  i think Cam might be the best goalie, but, DUDE, buckle down on the softies....

The two quick goals by CC immediately following our goals was what was most concerning to me....reminiscent of last season....bust their butts to get a tying goal and/or to cut the lead or go-ahead goal only to give one up onntue very next shift. Very deflating for fans and the players alike. 

2 hours ago, willythekid said:

All of the fire Hak guys said they were Berry's recruits when they were good lol.

Actually, Berry was the head recruiter when Hak was the head coach, so, in essence, those are his players. 

11 hours ago, dden3 said:

There is no reason to think Berry and crew can handle this team. If the new AD lets this thing slip totally into the abyss with Berry, it will take years to recover. The time to act is at the end of this season and bring in a new staff. 

You can't be serious? UND isn't going to fire Brad Berry. The guy is two years removed from leading his team to an NCAA title. 

3 hours ago, TheFlop said:

If goals from those bad angles "weren't the goalies fault".....every college hockey game would have 15 goals scored in it.

Bad angle? He picked the corner with a wicked wrister. He wasn't challenged by Mismash and that makes it a difficult save. Maybe you need to watch the play again. Cam was pulled because the boys weren't helping their own goaltender.

Gardner with the hat-trick..........3 minors.

CC had the worst PK in the NCHC but UND's PP is just soooooooo bad.

........and make no mistake Berry is fed up with Cam's poor play and soft/bad goals. Thome will start tonight. 

5 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I don't understand all the complaining...I was told that 1 national championship sprinkled in with 6 or 7 years of mediocrity was just fine.

Mediocrity? This squad hasn't won a game in a month............ I'd take mediocrity right now.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Gardner with the hat-trick..........3 minors.

CC had the worst PK in the NCHC but UND's PP is just soooooooo bad.

........and make no mistake Berry is fed up with Cam's poor play and soft/bad goals. Thome will start tonight. 

I was thinking about who the goalie will be tonight.  I completely agree it should be Thome, yet I have a weird feeling Berry gives Cam another go based on “senior” and short leash last night.

Its getting to the point with the PP that they shouldn’t even have units....just do what the Russian WJC coach does and roll his 4 lines and call it good. 

• Upvote 1

UND is last in scoring offense in the NCHC.  6 out of the 12 forwards in the lineup last night have not scored a single goal in their last 7 (+) games played....Simo, Kawaguchi, Yon, Bowen, Adams and JJ (Hoff is in that group too). So this team is asking Gersich, Pogo, Smith, Gardner, Olson and Mismash to carry the scoring load up front? 

Geeeeeeeeeeerez................. 

#wherearethebluechippers